Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with DePaul University.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Social media sites, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and LinkedIn, are an essential part of today's digital marketing mix. In this six-part program you will have access to premier subject matter experts, cutting-edge case studies, and testimonials from businesses successfully using social media marketing. You will analyze real-life examples and perform hands-on work with social media marketing, which will prepare you to take on these duties in you current or future career. Past guests have included social media experts from the Chicago Blackhawks, Chicago White Sox, Morningstar, LinkedIn, Chicago Tribune, Beam Global, Sprout Social and more.
- Gain access to real-time case studies, peer-to-peer networking and feedback from peers and instructor
- Learn the fundamentals of social media marketing, including monitoring and listening, creating a plan, tools and resources and measuring results
- Identify and understand the various social networks and how to integrate these marketing channels into your current digital and offline marketing programs
- Learn how to utilize advertising campaigns within social networks
- Understand the integration of social media marketing with other digital campaigns, including SEO and email marketing
- Acquire practical experience using web analytics and social media measurement tools
Week 1: Introduction to Social Media Certificate
- Stats and insights
- Golden rules
- Goals, resources and team building
- A day in the life
- Content and blogging
- Review suggested readings, assignments and final project
- Group meeting 1
Week 2: Social Strategy, Creative and Execution
Deeper dive: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Slideshare, Pinterest and Snapchat
Advertising on social media
Jobs available in social media
Group meeting 2
Week 3: Listening, Monitoring, SEO and Tools
- Social listening
- Tools for monitoring
- Creativity and sharing
- SEO + Social = Winning
- Guest speaker
- Group meeting 3
Week 4: Best Practices to Build Your Brand and Become an Influencer
- Steps to launch campaigns and brands
- Guidelines for creating a professional profile that works for you
- Tools and resources
- Best practices for social channels
- Social media wins. . .
- And fails
- Guest speaker
- Group meeting 4
- Turn in assignments
Week 5: Putting it into Action - Measurement and Analytics
- Creating a plan
- Social media guidelines
- Key performance indicators
- Social media experts
- Group project reminder
- Guest speaker
- Group meeting 5
Week 6: Group Presentation and Review
- Each group will receive real-time feedback from the instructor as well as the class. All final projects are pass/fail and must be presented in order to receive the certificate of completion for this class. Any student who is unable or unwilling to participate in the final project will not receive a certificate of completion.
Who should attend
This program is ideal for individuals looking to gain a deeper understanding of social marketing, experienced digital marketers looking to expand their knowledge, and marketing professionals or those in transition.
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Nonprofit and small business staff
- Marketing professionals
Trust the experts
Dr. Kelly is an Associate Professor of Marketing and also serves as co-Director of the Kellstadt Marketing Center (KMC) which offers continuing and professional education in marketing, including the newly developed Jacobs & Stone Multichannel Marketing Communications (MC2) Certificate Program...
Kelly Cutler began her career at companies including Classified Ventures, Cars.com and AOL. In 2003 she decided to utilize her entrepreneurial skill set to launch a business, Marcel Media, which she sold in January 2014. Kelly was inspired to launch Kona Company while vacationing on the beautiful...