Who should attend
Marketing professionals at a beginner or intermediate level who are involved in interactive marketing strategies and would like to gain a practical understanding of the latest techniques and tools available in web marketing and social media.
About the course
Businesses worldwide face a fundamental change in the ways that consumers interact with brands and each other. Social media has helped give consumers a voice, connect them with their friends and other like-minded consumers, and has given them considerable power over marketers and brands. This course offers an overview of how marketing has (and has not) changed due to the rise of social media. It will equip participants with the relevant knowledge, perspectives, and practical skills required to develop marketing strategies that leverage the opportunities inherent in social media and consumer-to-consumer social interactions for achieving business and marketing goals. The emphasis of this course is on understanding consumers' social interactions, the various social media channels available to marketers, how to build social marketing strategies, and how to track their effectiveness. Also, since social media is heavily technology-driven we will cover relevant related aspects in digital marketing more broadly, as well as emerging topics in electronic commerce, mobile marketing, and social media startups.
## Course Objectives
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Reach their buyers directly, establishing a personal link with current and prospective customers.
- Access niche buyers with targeted and effective messages.
- Publish content that people want to read and that search engines reward with high rankings.
- Migrate individual marketing activities to their online marketing.
- Monitor the web for "buzz" about their brand.
- Use tools like blogs, and social networking to enhance their online presence.
- Do a step-by-step approach for building an online marketing strategy and an action plan to create online leadership for their organization.
## Course Outline
Marketing on the Web
- The Rules of Web Marketing and Public Relations (PR)
- The Convergence of Marketing and PR on the Web
- Buyers Personas and Reaching your Buyers Directly
- Content Writing that Drives Action
Web Based Communications to Reach Buyers Directly
- You are What you Publish
- Content-Rich Web Sites and Online Media Rooms
- Online News Releases and Reaching the Media
- Blogging for Business and Marketing
- Search Engine and Viral Marketing
- The Power of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) in Beating your Competitors
- Hands-on Practice: Creating Blogs
Social Marketing and Networking on the Web
- Leveraging Social Media to Engage Customers and Build your Brand
- Hands-on and Practical Approach to Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Tweeting your Way to Success
- Tools to Engage Customers and Ignite your Business
- Engaging your Customers and the Public on Linkedin
- Facebook Marketing Techniques
- The Integration of all Networks to Achieve Viral Effects
Developing an Online Marketing Strategy
- Creating an Online Marketing Plan
- Developing Internet Marketing Strategies
- Internet Marketing Campaign
- How to Master Business Social Media to Brand Yourself
- Building, Cultivating, and Measuring Success on the New Web
- Overview of Analytics and Interpretation of Results and Graphs
- Blog Presentation by Participants and Suggestions for Improvement
- Empire Avenue and the Power of Brands Online
- Klout, Peerindex and the Measure of Influence on the Web
Templates and Checklists
- Website Benchmark Scorecard
- Action Plan Worksheet
- Buyer Persona Worksheet
- Internet Marketing Training Follow-up
- Professional Development Training
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Read more about Entrepreneurship
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.