Project and Infrastructure Finance
Gain the practical skills and expertise to manage the process of valuing, financing and structuring project and infrastructure deals.
Benefits for you
- Gain the confidence to successfully navigate the entire project finance process - from initial agreement to completion.
- Explore successful – and unsuccessful – examples of project and infrastructure finance.
- Understand what lenders are looking for and how to align their needs with yours.
- Restructure projects in distress for optimal results, sharing insights with a global and highly talented cohort.
- Explore project finance through real-world case studies, examining the latest industry techniques with world-leading faculty.
Benefits for your organisation
- Value, structure and finance large-scale projects across sectors such as infrastructure, utilities, transportation, education and healthcare.
- Finance projects in new and emerging markets.
- Develop organisational capability around the financing of public-private partnerships (PPP), private finance initiatives (PFI), and other large-scale projects.
- Mitigate your organisation’s risks in financing large-scale infrastructure projects.
- Benchmark your company’s project and infrastructure finance against that of other organisations.
- Develop a framework, and apply project finance principles and valuation methods to real-life projects back in the workplace.
What you learn
- Create value through project and infrastructure finance.
- Understand project versus corporate finance.
- Finance, value and structure large- scale infrastructure projects.
- Analyse project risks and rewards.
- Optimally restructure projects in distress.
- Understand public-private partnerships (PPP) and private finance initiatives (PFI).
- Investigate project finance in emerging markets.
How you learn
- Analyse international case studies – and learn from your global peer group – to gain a deeper understanding of global dynamics.
- Some deals succeed while other fail. Learn to spot opportunities and pitfalls with experts such as energy and infrastructure consultant Martin Blaiklock.
- Examine case studies like London Underground’s Public Private Partnership. What would you do faced with a similar project?
- Build a deep understanding of different business cultures – invaluable insight for large-scale global projects with multiple stakeholders.
Your learning experience
- The only top-ranked school to provide a specialist course on project and infrastructure finance – giving you a complete overview of this niche industry.
- Learn from world-leading faculty Professor Karl Lins - see how project and infrastructure finance provides opportunity to lenders looking for diversified earnings and corporates looking for overseas returns.
- Benefit from the wisdom of industry insiders as they share their experience on major project finance deals.
- Build your knowledge base and leverage global networks in London, a commercially-driven and vibrant finance capital.
- Join our eclectic and highly-talented community and boost your confidence to work across different cultures and markets.
- Experience both group work and individual study – take time to reflect on your own learning journey.
Who should attend
Professionals seeking to understand the technical dynamics of investment in large-scale projects, and to develop skills in managing project and infrastructure finance.
- Finance professionals from the private and public sectors.
- Finance professional from industries including energy, infrastructure, transportation and logistics, utilities and mining.
- Government officials.
- Equity investors and sponsors.
- Project finance advisors within banks.
- Developers, engineers, lawyers and legal advisors, auditors and risk managers.