Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This programme is designed for professionals seeking to understand the technical dynamics of investment in large-scale projects, and to develop skills in managing project and infrastructure finance.
- Finance professionals from the private and public sectors.
- Finance professional from industries including energy, infrastructure, transportation and logistics, utilities and mining.
- Government officials.
- Equity investors and sponsors.
- Project finance advisors within banks.
- Developers, engineers, lawyers and legal advisors, auditors and risk managers.
About the course
Master the financing of infrastructure and industrial projects to add value to your organisation.
Boost value. Structure projects. Mitigate risks.
Master the technical dynamics of investment in large-scale projects and connect with other global professionals in this unique growth industry.
Benefits for you
- Gain the confidence to successfully navigate the entire project finance process - from initial agreement to completion.
- Explore successful – and unsuccessful – examples of project and infrastructure finance.
- Understand what lenders are looking for and how to align their needs with yours.
- Restructure projects in distress for optimal results, sharing insights with a global and highly talented cohort.
- Explore project finance through real-world case studies, examining the latest industry techniques with world-leading faculty.
Benefits for your organisation
- Value, structure and finance large-scale projects across sectors such as infrastructure, utilities, transportation, education and healthcare.
- Finance projects in new and emerging markets.
- Develop organisational capability around the financing of public-private partnerships (PPP), private finance initiatives (PFI), and other large-scale projects.
- Mitigate your organisation’s risks in financing large-scale infrastructure projects.
- Benchmark your company’s project and infrastructure finance against that of other organisations.
- Develop a framework, and apply project finance principles and valuation methods to real-life projects back in the workplace.
What you learn
- Create value through project and infrastructure finance.
- Understand project versus corporate finance.
- Finance, value and structure large- scale infrastructure projects.
- Analyse project risks and rewards.
- Optimally restructure projects in distress.
- Understand public-private partnerships (PPP) and private finance initiatives (PFI).
- Investigate project finance in emerging markets.
How you learn
- Analyse international case studies – and learn from your global peer group – to gain a deeper understanding of global dynamics.
- Some deals succeed while other fail. Learn to spot opportunities and pitfalls with experts such as energy and infrastructure consultant Martin Blaiklock.
- Examine case studies like London Underground’s Public Private Partnership. What would you do faced with a similar project?
- Build a deep understanding of different business cultures – invaluable insight for large-scale global projects with multiple stakeholders.
Your learning experience
- The only top-ranked school to provide a specialist course on project and infrastructure finance – giving you a complete overview of this niche industry.
- Learn from world-leading faculty Professor Karl Lins - see how project and infrastructure finance provides opportunity to lenders looking for diversified earnings and corporates looking for overseas returns.
- Benefit from the wisdom of industry insiders as they share their experience on major project finance deals.
- Build your knowledge base and leverage global networks in London, a commercially-driven and vibrant finance capital.
- Join our eclectic and highly-talented community and boost your confidence to work across different cultures and markets.
- Experience both group work and individual study – take time to reflect on your own learning journey.
Hybrid learning is a new learning model that enables the simultaneous delivery of our programmes to participants either on campus or live virtually. We’ve carefully designed this approach to create a seamless learning experience, where virtual and face-to-face participants interact and learn together. Virtual participants will also have the opportunity to live the London experience by joining us on campus for an exclusive day of networking with like-minded professionals and with the latest thinking from our world-class faculty.
Karl researches primarily in the areas of international corporate governance and capital markets, and presents his research at academic and practitioner conferences worldwide. Karl has published his papers in the Journal of Finance, the Journal of Financial Economics, the Review of Financial Stud...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Read more about Project management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.