Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Maastricht School of Management.Full disclaimer.
Designing and Managing Investment Projects
The Project Management program mainly targets participants from non-European countries and/or NGOs who are active in these countries.
The MSM Project Management course enables you to develop the skills, knowledge and essential techniques for successful, cost-effective management of both large- and small-scale projects. Our interactive and practical program will train you to become an effective project and people manager.
The capacity to design and manage projects is a critical skill to access funding sources in the modern global economy. Nowadays, project managers are expected to have a broad understanding of project design and management related issues. They need to have a basic understanding of the criteria for initiating, planning, implementing and closing effective projects, and be multi-skilled in order to effectively tackle the challenges of private sector projects of today.
Reasons to follow the Project Management course
- Explore the various elements and procedures for effective initiation, planning, implementation and closing of the projects
- Learn to apply relevant project management tools to ensure that results are delivered on time, within budget and according to scope
- Gain insight into the relevant management skills needed to successfully direct and manage project work
After finalizing the course, you will
- understand the concept of logic model applied to project management
- have developed analytical skills and how to apply them to project design
- understand how to plan time and cost in a project
- have learned how to manage risks how implementing a project
- understand how and when to use evaluation tools during the project lifecycle
Topics included in the program are:
- Initiation Procedures
- Planning Procedures
- Direct & Manage the Project Work
- Closing Procedures
During the course the following approaches will be used:
- Group work
Lectures are based on practical assignments that are conducted by work groups. The outcome of the assignments are presented in the classroom and discussed with colleagues. Throughout the process, students prepare themselves the examples that illustrate the theoretical concepts shared during the lectures, while strengthening their presentations skills.
Who should attend
Applicants should have the ability to function academically and professionally at Bachelor level and should have an adequate level of spoken and written English.