Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with ICTD International Centre for Training and Development.Full disclaimer.
About the course
This five-day course is designed to provide chemical and process engineers with a lot of common sense techniques, shortcuts and calculations to quickly and accurately solve day-to-day design, operations and equipment problems. The practical tips, handy formulas, correlations, curves, charts, tables, and shortcut methods presented in this course will save engineers valuable time and effort.
This course covers rules of thumb applicable to fluid flow, heat exchangers, fractionators, absorbers, pumps, drivers, separators/accumulators, boilers & cooling towers.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Apply the rules of thumb for chemical and process engineering including fluid flow, gas flow, velocity head, piping pressure, compressible flow, sonic velocity, metering and valves
- Employ the rules of thumb for heat exchangers and command the TEMA standards and selection guides
- Perform rules of thumb for fractionators & absorbers and explain their design, control schemes & optimization techniques
- Use the rules of thumb for pumps including affinity laws, horsepower, efficiency minimum flow & suction system and recognize the various construction materials used in pumps
- Implement the rules of thumb for drivers and determine their ranges of application, efficiency & service factors
- Apply rules of thumb for separators/accumulators such as liquid & vapour residence time, calculation methods, pressure drop, vessel thickness, gas scrubbers & reflux drums and employ the general vessel design tips
- Carry out the rules of thumb for boilers and acquire knowledge on thermal efficiency, stack gas enthalpy & quantity, steam drum stability, blowdown control, caustic embrittlement, etc.
- Perform rules of thumb for cooling towers and analyze its system balances, temperature data & transfer units
- Fluid Flow
- Heat Exchangers
- Cooling Towers
- Gas Treating
- Vacuum Systems
- Pneumatic Conveying
- Process Evaluation
- Energy Conservation
- Shortcut Methods for Decisions
- Process Modeling Using Linear Programming
- Approximate Conversion Factors
## Course Methodology
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
This course is intended for process, maintenance, production, operations, plant and field managers, superintendents, supervisors, engineers, technicians and operators. This is also applicable to plant and shift foremen as well as to other technical staff.