Who should attend
This course is designed for supply chain managers, distribution managers, transportation planners, transportation clerks, transportation analysts, and transportation managers. Supply chain professionals and learners seeking to enter these roles from other domains will also benefit through gaining insights into transportation operations.
About the course
This course prepares you for the basics of transportation operations and analysis. Throughout the course, you’ll review the key elements of transportation such as modes of transportation, transportation procurement, cost minimization techniques, the role of ports in global logistics, and international trade terms. There will also be discussion around emerging trends in North American transportation markets, emerging techniques, and greenhouse gas emissions reduction
What You Will Learn
- Comparison of characteristics of alternative transportation modes
- Components of port logistics systems
- Best practices in transportation procurement
- Application of practical transportation cost analysis techniques
- Incoterms purpose, types, and use
- Greenhouse gas emission generation in logistics and mitigation strategies
- New business models in logistics enabled by emerging technologies
How You Will Benefit
- Understand the characteristics and best use of specific transportation modes.
- Apply transportation cost analysis techniques.
- Understand the multimodal role of ports in global trade.
- Identify and apply best practices in transportation procurement.
- Understand how to minimize transportation costs through consolidation techniques.
- Understand the role of Incoterms in global trade.
- Understand emerging techniques in logistics including techniques to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in logistics..
Mr. Brown has over 30 years of experience in supply chain management operations and services as an operations manager, consultant, educator, and executive recruiter. Tim was appointed as Managing Director in the Georgia Tech Supply Chain & Logistics Institute (SCL). SCL is a unit of Georgia ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.