Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is recommended for anyone who wish to review or upgrade their present skills in Logistics Management to improve organizational performance.
About the course
This course will provide delegates with an overview of the freight forwarding process within the international trade environment. It will suggest best practice methodologies to follow when establishing forwarding operations together with a unique tool kit for ongoing measurement of operational performance.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Define, explain and illustrate the key operational issues involved in international logistics;
- Explain and illustrate the significance of logistics and supply chain management in international business;
- Explain and illustrate the composition of global supply chain;
- Apply this knowledge of managing logistics in international trade operations in analysis, discussion and argument;
- Analyze the supply chain strategies of firms;
- Examine the levels of risk, efficiency, and sustainability of a supply chain; and,
- Communicate effectively oral and written forms about international supply chain management using appropriate concepts, logic and rhetorical conventions.
- Reasons for overseas buying/selling
- Key features
- Variables in supply/demand process
Sales and Delivery Contractual Terms
- Logistics viewpoints
- Defining the customer
- Defining the requirements
- Determining strategies
- Measuring customer service
- Ongoing monitoring and control methods
Applying Customer Service Principles
- Application of best practices
- Establishment of customer relationships
- The total documentation relationships
- Utilizing planning checklists
- Identifying and attaining customer service requirements
- Performance measurement
- Effective operation control strategies
Freight Transport Operations
- Mode selection
- Sharing networks
- Operational costings
- Transport planning models
- Checklists for improvement
Warehousing and Storage Operations
- Product analysis
- Determining facility requirements
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.