Who should attend
Those having some responsibility for buying from overseas and for forwarding/import activities. * Traffic managers, forwarding managers, shipping managers, logistics/supply chain managers and expeditors. * Those existing managers/supervisors, who need a “confirmation” of their current operation * Supply, Buying, Purchase, Logistics, Materials and Supply Chain Managers * Those who are looking for business gains and benefits from managing their supply chains more effectively
About the course
This course will look into freight forwarding in relation to international logistics partners, international supply chain analysis, ocean bills of lading, common carriers obligations, ocean transportation, airway bills, air freight transportation, specific insurance clauses, legal cases involving INCOTERMS, and export and import documentation. This course will utilize case studies as means of analyzing advanced issues in freight forwarding.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Identify the functions of international logistics partners and supply chain management.
- Analyze ocean and air transportation and related documents
- Understand international insurance clauses and INCOTERMS
- Understand export and import documentation
- Examination of freight forwarders and customs house brokers
- Analysis of transportation and other costs in international freight forwarding
- Examine Project Transportation
- In-depth analysis of packing and loading containers
- Understanding the law concerning bills of lading
- Analysis of the common carriers’ responsibilities and rights
- Airway bills: Terms and Conditions
- Examination of combination carriers, all-cargo carriers, integrators, and air-freight consolidators
- Evaluation of INCOTERMS and insurance
- Examine Customs Rules, Documentations and Procedures
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
(30%) Based on Case Studies * (30%) Techniques * (30%) Role Play * (10%) Concepts * Pre-test and Post-test * Variety of Learning Methods * Lectures * Case Studies and Self Questionaires * Group Work * Discussion * Presentation
Videos and materials
Read more about Transportation and Logistics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.