Who should attend
This course is intended for project managers, project control managers, project control engineers, planning and scheduling engineers, quantity surveyors and others interested in managing projects successfully or willing to contribute to project success.
About the course
This course covers the fundamentals of using Primavera P6. Through a series of lectures, interactive sessions and hands-on exercises, participants will the knowledge and experience they need to use P6 Professional as an effective project management tool.
Participants will also learn how to customize the personal workspace and the project workspace to monitor project progress and communicate with team members.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Gain hands-on experience building a new schedule, updating/monitoring the schedule
- Generate reports
- Gain a thorough background in the concepts of planning and scheduling
- Understand and execute a complete project life cycle, from planning to implementation
- Understand the basic functions and features in order to apply them to project management processes in your organization
- Introduction to Project Management
- Introduction to Primavera
- Navigation in Primavera P6
- Enterprise Project Structure (EPS)
- Creating a New Project
- Creating a Work Breakdown Structure
- Adding Activities
- Creating Relationships
- Formatting Schedule Data
- Roles and Resources
- Analyzing Resources
- Optimizing the Project Plan
- Base lining the Project Plan
- Project Execution and Control
- Reporting Performance
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.