Project Monitoring, Reporting and Control
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with ICTD International Centre for Training and Development.Full disclaimer.
Every year large numbers of projects significantly overrun their budgets and schedules, often with sizable increases in costs, or substantial financial losses to the organization. This is due mainly to the failure of many project managers to successfully apply the tools and techniques of modern project management to their projects.
This course will provide you with a proven set of methods, processes, tools and techniques to:
- Develop an integrated scope, schedule and cost management plan
- Measure, forecast and control project performance
- Estimate and allocate costs and resources
- Manage and mitigate risks associated with the project
- Develop a recovery plan for budget and schedule overruns
- Produce clear and concise project reports
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Monitor schedule, cost and quality performance during project execution.
- Use earned value to measure schedule and cost performance.
- Learn the principles of scope management and change control.
- Communicate project progress effectively.
- Become familiar with the project control function of project software such as Microsoft Project.
- Project integration management (review)
- Project baseline development (review)
- Team dynamics of project execution
- Role of the project manager during project execution
- Project change management
- Contents of project progress report
### Day 3
- Principles of earned value management
- Cost performance index and variance
- Schedule performance index and variance
- Interpretation of earned value computation results
- Cost estimation to project completion
- Risk monitoring log and other essential logs
- Project dashboard
- Progress reporting charts
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
This course will benefit Project managers and others responsible for the planning and implementation of projects.
This is designed for project team leaders, project planning engineers and heads, and senior project control and business services professionals who have the responsibility for planning and controlling project schedules and costs in client and contracting companies.