Practical Internet Marketing Certificate Program
Simply confused on how to market on the internet? This six-week certificate program will provide practical guidance and hands-on experience with simple, low-cost Internet marketing tools and techniques. Since 2006, this program has helped to meet the needs of career changers, entrepreneurs, small business owners and marketing professionals who aspire to leverage the power and affordability of the Internet.
Practical Internet Marketing will prepare you to act both strategically and tactically - utilizing social media tools like blogs, microblogs (Twitter), podcasts, vodcasts, video, email and networking sites to engage with your audience and sell your products and services. You will discover how to use analytic tools to gauge the effectiveness of your campaigns and communicate meaningfully with your audience.
This program provides hands-on experience that will explore both the best practices of Internet marketing and how to use simple, low-cost Internet tools. Basic computer experience on either a Windows or a Mac OS platform is expected. Each class will feature a combination of presentation, instruction and class discussion, and will end with an exercise due the following week. The program will culminate in class presentations.
- Hands-on experience: You will learn best practices in Internet marketing as well as how to use the software tools to communicate effectively.
- Cutting-edge curriculum: The program will present innovative, proven Internet marketing techniques as well as practical, current insights. Each time the class is taught the content is updated to include new developments and materials.
- Feedback and peer review: You will receive constructive feedback from your instructor and classmates.
- Online enhancements: Face-to-face sessions are accompanied with an online course that includes PDF handouts, discussion, quizzes, videos, downloads, links and more.
- The Internet: History, and how it works
- Website design and planning
- Introduction to social media
- Search engine marketing: Search engine optimization and paid search
- Effective use of social media
- Website tracking and analytics: Key performance indicators, cookies, canvas fingerprinting, web server log files, page tagging, urchin tracking parameters, session IDs, network data, offline reporting and more
- Digital advertising: Banner advertising, programmatic advertising, native advertising, ad blocking, A/B (split) and multivariate testing, and research
- Mobile marketing
- Innovation: Interactive marketing, augmented reality, virtual reality, cryptocurrencies and gaming
- Email marketing: Best practices, MIME, bulk-personalized email
- Digital security
- The dark web
- Stock photography
- Visual design
Who should attend
This course is intended to demonstrate practical and low-cost techniques for small businesses and individuals. You should have a general degree of comfort working with computers, including the ability to install software, browse the Internet and perform word processing.
The following are just some of the audiences that will benefit from this course:
- Career changers
- Guerilla marketers
- Marketing professionals
- Small businesses