Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
IT operations, technical, or IT management personnel requiring more information about ITIL best practices or anyone responsible for managing, implementing, or consulting on ITIL processes within IT or in conjunction with It
About the course
Learn how to identify and execute the ITIL Planning, Protection, and Optimization processes.
In this course, you'll learn the practical features of the ITIL Service Lifecycle as well as the processes associated with the planning, protection, and optimization (PPO) of services and service delivery. With a focus on operational-level process activities and supporting methods, you will figure out how to execute these processes in a practical, hands-on learning environment. You will also learn how to apply this course’s practices throughout the entire Service Management Lifecycle.
This course is designed using an experiential, scenario-based approach to learning the core of the ITIL best practices. The exam is offered on the last day of the course at 1:00 pm. The main process and function focus areas of this course include:
- Demand management
- Capacity management
- Availability management
- IT service continuity management (ITSM)
- Information security management (ISM)
Please note: The ITIL Foundation certification is required to take the exam at the end of class. Proof of certification must be provided no later than the first day of class
What You Will Cover
- Service management as a practice and how the processes within PPO support the service lifecycle
- Role of PPO in service provision and how the in-scope processes interact with other service lifecycle processes
- Activities and methods used in each of the PPO processes
- Application of PPO processes and activities to achieve operational excellence
- How to measure PPO performance
- Importance of IT Security and how it supports PPO
- Technology and implementation requirements in support of PPO
- Challenges, key performance indicators (KPIs), critical success factors (CSFs), and risks related with PPO
Videos and materials
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.