Certified Recruitment, Interviewing & Selection Skills
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with ICTD International Centre for Training and Development.Full disclaimer.
The 'everything you need to know' course before you hire someone. By participating in this course, you will learn all you will need to know about employee interviews, recruitment and selection. You will also learn how making the wrong hiring decision means throwing away a substantial investment in time and money. In a nutshell, this course will help you avoid hiring the wrong candidates.
Upon completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Define recruitment, list its main steps and learn the best methods/sources for attracting qualified candidates.
- Understand the various techniques used for short listing and assessing candidates and the reliability and validity of each.
- Discover the main types of selection interviews and when and how to use each.
- Prepare and conduct a probing interview for any vacancy/level in the organization.
- Use the data collected from various assessment stages for selection purposes.
Recruitment and Selection
- Recruitment versus Selection
- Roles and Responsibilities in Each Stage
- Building a Job Profile: The Use of Essentials and Desirables
- Various Sources for Attracting Candidates
- Referrals and Internal Candidates
- Advertising: Pros and Cons
- Internet and Websites
- Recruitment Agencies and Head Hunters
- Career Fairs and Universities
Screening Candidates and Short Listing
- Tangible versus Intangible Criteria
- The Use of CVs, Resumes and Applications for Short Listing
- Verifying On-Line Applications
- Screening and Biographical Interviews
- Hypothetical Interviews
- Panel Interviews: Pros and Cons
- Competency-Based Interviews
- Importance of Data Capture
- Objective versus Subjective Remarks
- Legal and Fairness Issues
- Producing a Personal Profile
The Selection Decision
- What Criteria Should Be Used?
- Use of Decision Matrixes in Selection
- Use of Competency Gap Analysis
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
Managers, superintendents, supervisors and officers in the functions of Human Resources and/or recruitment whose job requires recruiting and selecting employees. The program is also very useful for all those outside Human Resources whose job requires conducting frequent and/or important selection interviews