Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
The programme is designed for senior managers with responsibility for leading teams and projects. Participants usually have at least 5 years of leadership experience before joining us and are undergoing a transition in their career or experiencing change in their organisation.
Participants come from many different types of organisations, based all over the world and operating in the public, private and third sector.
About the course
Enhance your impact and inspire those you lead with essential leadership strategies
A one week programme designed to prepare leaders as you navigate an increasingly complex and uncertain business environment.
You will make vital practical connections between your personal leadership style and the organisational challenges you face as a senior manager. The programme will help you develop heightened self-awareness and enhance your impact with leadership strategies, and deliver practical techniques and frameworks.
Each day on the programme is themed, covering:
- Building self-insight as a leader
- Enabling high performance through others
- Crucial conversations and solutions
- Strategic choices in leadership
- Extending leadership impact
Your learning will be contextualised with the support of an Executive Coach. They will investigate your personal and organisational objectives and work with you to build an action plan to put into practice when you return to your organisation.
- Self-reflection and identification of a key leadership challenge
- Leadership assessment tools collected and analysed
Day one Introduction to the programme and your peer group. Explore the evolution of leadership research through the 20th Century and into contemporary theories of leadership. Engage with current research and practice on mindfulness.
Day two Focus on how to interpret the results of your pre-programme 360-degree evaluation and NEO personality assessment, and discuss strategies for addressing your development areas with a professional coach.
Day three - integration day (3 hours) Link past experiences to current leadership style to build your personal leadership narrative. Engage in first coaching session: one-to-one coaching with your leadership coach.
Day four Explore how leadership impact can be extended, how you can build high quality relationships at work, and how to sustain these over time.
Day five Focus on leadership decision-making and discover your cognitive biases and how to overcome them.
Day six - integration day (3 hours) Engage in group coaching in which you will be able to explore your individual challenges in-depth in a small peer group, facilitated by your leadership coach.
Day seven Gain strategies for achieving positive outcomes when dealing with corrosive relationships and build your capability to hold difficult conversations that produce lasting change.
Day eight Explore ways to extend your impact by harnessing the power of doubt and utilising collaborative strategies that support you in leading through uncertainty.
- Individual follow-up coaching session
- Professional collaborations
- Oxford Business Alumni Network
- Gain insight into your leadership style, its strengths and growth potential
- Learn how to make high quality connections and build relationships that extend your impact
- Explore new frameworks and approaches to improve decision making
- Tackle toxic situations in the workplace and develop your ability to hold difficult conversations for lasting change
- Strengthen your capacity to lead through uncertainty, bringing others with you
- Create a personalised toolkit for leadership success
To your business
- Cascade your learning through your team and into the wider organisation
- Participant diversity allows attendees to to think beyond the bounds of their organisation and geography and co-develop new strategies for success
- Gain unparalleled access to influential leaders in organisations in and around your ecosystem
- Develop a culture of innovation, effectively lead change and manage complexity
Owen Darbishire is the Rhodes Trust Associate Professor in Management Studies (Organisational Behaviour and Industrial Relations) at Saïd Business School, University of Oxford and Sue Cormack Fellow at Pembroke College, University of Oxford. Owen is known internationally for his research examini...
Sally Maitlis is a Professor of Organisational Behaviour and Leadership at Saïd Business School, University of Oxford. Her areas of expertise include sensemaking in organisations, trauma and adversity at work, and processes of personal growth. Before coming to Oxford, Sally was a Professor of Org...
Trudi is a global strategist working with leaders to support them with their strategic objectives. Her vision is to improve the state of the world through global conversations. She does this through her teaching, research and consulting, providing leaders with the frameworks and space to discove...
A business psychologist and consulting professional with more than 20 years experience in delivering national and international projects for public and private sector organizations across a diverse spectrum of industries. He is an expert in the areas of leadership development, organisational cult...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.