Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with American Management Association.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Find out how to execute processes within ITIL Operational Support and Analysis.
In this course, you will learn the practical aspects of the ITIL service lifecycle and processes associated with the operational support and analysis of services and service delivery. The main focus of this course is on the operational-level process activities, as well as the supporting methods and approaches to executing these processes. In a sensible, experiential learning environment you will learn the core discipline of ITIL best practices through a case study-based learning approach. After the course you will be in an excellent position to successfully complete the associated exam. The exam will be offered on the last day of the course at 1:00 pm. The main process and function focus areas of this course include:
- Event management process
- Incident management process
- Request fulfillment process
- Problem management process
- Access management process
The organizational functions focused on in this course include:
- Service desk
- Technical management
- IT operations management
- Application management
Please note: The ITIL Foundation certification is required to take the exam at the end of class. Proof of certification must be provided no later than the first day of class.
What You Will Cover
- Importance of Service Management as a practice concept and Operational Support and Analysis principals, purpose, and objective
- The importance of ITIL Operational Support and Analysis while providing service
- How all processes in ITIL Operational Support and Analysis interact with other Service Lifecycle Processes
- Processes, activities, methods, and functions used in each of the ITIL Operational Support and Analysis processes
- How to use the ITIL Operational Support and Analysis processes, activities, and functions to achieve operational excellence
- How to measure ITIL Operational Support and Analysis
- Importance of IT Security and its contributions to ITIL Operational Support and Analysis
- Technology and implementation considerations surrounding ITIL Operational Support and Analysis challenges, critical success factors, and risks associated with ITIL Operational Support and Analysis
- ITIL® Foundation Certification (see seminar #72975)
- Two to four years of relevant work experience
- To prepare for the end-of-class exam, we recommend that you review the ITIL 2011 publication Service Operation (2011 Edition, ISBN 9780113313075) and complete at least 12 hours of personal study
Who should attend
IT operations, technical, or IT management personnel requiring more information about ITIL best practices or anyone responsible for managing, implementing, or consulting on ITIL processes within IT or in conjunction with IT.