Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
The course is intended for IT, business, and marketing professionals who are involved in social media marketing or social business and who want to understand, interpret and transform social data into effective actions.
This is an intermediate class. Participants should have attended one of our foundation social media classes or are managing a Facebook page on a daily basis. For this class, we assume that participants have an understanding of all social media basics. For an enhanced learning experience, you should ideally have access to the admin of a Facebook business page.
About the course
It is not enough to just employ social media tools. The ability to analyse and understand their impact, is fast becoming a business imperative. The insights embedded within social media can empower your organisation to make intelligent business decisions. These can lead to improvements in your customer and employee loyalty and in maximising the value of your efforts in sales, marketing, customer service, employee relations and product development. By understanding what your customers think about your organisations, products and services, you can then act quickly and remain competitive.
The Social Media Analytics course will help you to analyse and understand the impact of social media. These include:
- What is the direct value of your Facebook page?
- What is the ROI through your Twitter?
- How to measure the impact of business metrics from your website or blog?
- If you launch a social media campaign, how effective is the campaign?
With the massive volume and unrelenting continuity of social media, content can be overwhelming. How does a business make sense of it? How can you act upon the trends and sentiments within? And more crucially, how do you deliver the right social media intelligence to the right people at the right time to gain a competitive advantage?
During this course, you will learn how to effectively utilise social media analytics to create value for your organisation in the different departments which include:
- Measure the value of social media to justify a capital investment
- Integrate and implement an end-to-end social media strategy
- Provide insights into current campaigns and improve on future ones
- Develop personalised offers that resonate with customers to increase sales
- Understand consumers in new markets and their specific cultural attributes
- Develop and evolve products and solutions from direct social media analysis
- Understand real customer issues and identify trends versus one-of-a-kind issues
- Respond to and resolve customer issues before they become major problems
Through this course, you will not only learn to interpret the social media data gathered using social media monitoring tools but also, make sense of these data in order to take effective actions.
This course is part of the Digital Innovation & Design Series offered by NUS-ISS.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Analyse digital marketing campaign schedule and determining factors affecting its implementation
- Evaluate the different social media platforms and their associated metrics
- Review and evaluate the effectiveness of social media campaigns for different platforms
- Use and apply social media listening and monitoring tools to gather data
- Formulate effective actions based on the analytics
What Will Be Covered
- Digital marketing concepts and role of social media analytics
- Social media listening and monitoring
- Social media analytics such as Facebook Insights and Twitter analytics. Common tools and techniques.
- Social media audit and paid social analytics
- Reporting and social media KPIs - What do we measure? What are the common KPIs for the various social media platforms?
Ms Lim Wee Khee leads the Digital Innovation and Design practice at the Institute of System Science, National University of Singapore (NUS-ISS). The Digital Innovation & Design team focuses on developing and delivering curriculum and consultancy projects related to the areas of user experie...
Alexis Cheong, strategist in Havas Media, works with the agency's insights and research manager as well as media planners to pull the best of media, content and strategy together, be it for current clients or new business proposals. Her past year in Havas Media was recognised recently with a meri...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.