Who should attend
Managers or professionals with a need or desire to sharpen their negotiation skills. It is suitable for those engaged in change management role or those responsible for influencing performance outcomes.
About the course
Develop and enhance your negotiation skills to get more of what you want, and less of what you don't.
- Learn about the importance of preparation and process in negotiation.
- Understand the interests and needs of the other side.
- Practice your negotiation skills in a safe, learning environment.
What is covered in the course?
- Understand the vital role information, communication, time and power in successful negotiations.
- Avoid the pitfalls of negotiation including negotiating with yourself.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the other party's needs.
- Learn the most effective negotiation styles and the situations they are best suited to.
- Maintain control over the negotiation process.
How will I benefit?
You will gain:
- an understanding of how to approach and prepare for negotations
- strategies and approaches to achieve win-win outcomes
- confidence to communicate effectively
- a deeper understadning of your values and motivations.
How will my organisation benefit?
Your organisation will gain:
- improved effectiveness to successfully negotiate positive outcomes
- better relationships with stakeholders by trying to achieve win-wins
- improved communication and problem-solving skills.
Since 2002, Principal of Knowledge Perspectives, a consulting collaborative that specialises in the management and development of knowledge intensive organisations. Since 2003, adjunct lecturer firstly at the Adelaide Graduate School of Business and now at the University of Adelaide Business Sch...
Read more about Negotiations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.