The Cambridge Negotiations lab
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Cambridge Judge Business School Executive Education.Full disclaimer.
The two-day Cambridge Negotiations Lab has been designed as an experiential learning environment for one simple reason: you learn to negotiate better principally by "doing it". This is a practical, hands-on workshop structured around three key tensions that exist within most types of negotiations:
- Creating and distributing value
- Interests of principals and their agents
- Empathising with another's point of view and asserting your own
In any negotiation, people make implicit choices about how to manage each of these tensions. Here we treat them explicitly, and explore ways of reconciling the trade-offs. In essence, the management of conflicting (and also shared) interests that lies at the heart of every negotiation. You will leave with a toolkit and experiences that you can use immediately.
- The seven critical elements to successful negotiations
- Managing conflict to reconcile different interests and objectives
- Reconciling the interests of principals and agents
- Managing the balance between empathy and assertiveness to achieve a successful outcome
- Cross-cultural negotiations
- Multi-party negotiations
- Better understand your own strengths and weaknesses, as well as those of the people around you.
- Take away a tool kit that ensures all your negotiations are more effective both in your professional and personal life.
- Develop the confidence to ensure you approach each scenario prepared and ready to take on any conflict that may arise.
- Understand how to add value, make better decisions and deliver results.
Who should attend
- Executives looking to refresh their negotiating skills
- Those with little or no formal training in negotiations