Who should attend
The Negotiating for Women programme brings together a dynamic group of women who have the potential to take on more senior roles in their organisations. Participants will come from a variety of organisations, including public and private companies and non-profit organisations, and from various levels of management.
About the course
In today’s knowledge economy, negotiation among peers is at the heart of just about every successful endeavour. Any woman seeking to develop her career path and maintain her professional and personal interests needs to be familiar with negotiation tools and techniques that would allow her to leverage her knowledge and strength. This workshop is targeted at women who engage in corporate activity, politics or NGOs and want to negotiate from a position of knowledge and strength while maintaining their social relationships intact.
By participating in this programme, you will:
- enhance your understanding of the challenges and advantages you face as a women when negotiating
- explore different types of negotiations know what information you need to prepare for a negotiation to maximise your outcomes and not fall in a novice trap
- learn concepts that will help you evaluate alternatives, interests and parties in the negotiation
- increase your awareness of how appropriate your assertiveness level is
- receive recommendations on how you can fine-tune your negotiation effectiveness.
is Associate Director of the Career Development Centre of RSM. As a certified coach, she delivers training in communication effectiveness and presentation skills to a wide range of audiences. Prior to joining RSM, she delivered team-training and communication-training programmes designed to impro...
Videos and materials
Read more about Negotiations
Read more about Women Leadership
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.