Who should attend
This programme would suit any manager or leader who negotiates regularly in their role, including those responsible for influencing inside and outside their organisation.
Attendees come from broad-ranging industries including:
- Business development
- Strategic marketing
- Dispute resolution and consensus building
- Managing strategic alliances and partnerships
- Purchasing and procurement.
About the course
Learn the techniques to consistently negotiate with confidence and maximise value
Become an expert negotiator
Develop this must-have skill for making deals, building relationships and resolving conflict.
Benefits for you
- Learn the latest strategies and frameworks to negotiate and influence successfully.
- Supported by executive coaches, develop your own personal negotiation style and play to your strengths.
- Experience negotiations with multiple stakeholders in real-life business scenarios.
- Create impact back at work with a full toolkit to analyse, plan and manage any kind of negotiation.
- Develop the skills to predict and influence your counterpart’s behaviour.
- Plan negotiations systematically to work from the best possible position and maximise value.
Benefits for your organisation
Help your key executives develop this business-critical skill. Your people will learn to:
- Negotiate contracts and deals.
- Deal confidently with partners, industry organisations, employee representatives and regulators.
- Resolve and manage conflict within your organisation, while dealing with outside threats.
- Take calculated risks that get results.
What you learn
- Develop your own style - You need to know who you are to get what you want. Our personal profiling illuminates your traits and values, allowing you to hone your negotiating style.
- Be ready for every type of negotiation - Look objectively at every type of negotiation and assess what’s important to you and your counterpart to gain the edge.
- Hone and apply your skills – Discover and experience evidence-based frameworks, theories and proven techniques to influence and persuade in any situation to achieve successful results.
How you learn
- Personal profiling – Gain insights into your leadership style with a psychometric personality and a 360-degree profile. Define your negotiation style and what impact your approach may have.
- Case studies – Sourced from across the globe, these present unique negotiating challenges, offering you different approaches to adopt.
- Structuring the process - Knowing what the other side wants is key. Plan the structure for your negotitations with this in mind.
- Intensive negotiation practice - Real-world scenarios see you honing your skills in intense and complex situations, supported by expert coaches.
- Filming, feedback and discussion - Watch yourself on film to understand how others see you. Every negotiation exercise is recorded and replayed to you and your peers, giving you instant feedback.
- Peer to peer feedback – Alongside world-class faculty, who provide you with cutting-edge research and real-world experience, work with your peers to share experiences and insights that will help you to negotiate successfully anywhere in the world.
Your learning experience
- Gillian Ku, Madan Pillutla and Ena Inesi consult to a number of international companies, including eBay, Aviva, Ericsson and Lloyds.
- Learn to negotiate alongside senior executives from around the globe, who work in the public and private sectors.
- Your confidence grows with your ability to resolve conflict, strengthen relationships and face all types of negotiations.
- Hands-on negotiation practice allows for immediate impact when your return to work.
London Business School Term Chair Professor of Organisational Behaviour BE (BITS, Pilani,) PGDM (XLRI, Jamshedpur), MSBA (Illinois), PhD (British Columbia) Professor Madan Pillutla’s research focuses on incentives; decision-making; negotiating and bargaining; and trust and fairness in interpers...
Gillian Ku is Associate Professor of Organisational Behaviour at London Business School. She received her PhD in Management and Organizations from the Kellogg School of Management. Prior to her doctoral studies, Gillian earned her bachelor’s degree at Harvard University and worked at the Disney C...
Videos and materials
Read more about Negotiations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.