Minority Business Executive Program
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Foster School of Business.Full disclaimer.
The Minority Business Executive Program is a one-week residential program that takes place annually on campus at the University of Washington. The intensive curriculum grows minority and women-owned business leaders and helps them position their companies for today’s global economy.
Participants learn to utilize financial tools to make better business decisions, develop strategic plans for growth and sustainability, identify new technologies to scale operations, learn how to market their products and services more effectively, explore strategies to access global markets, and develop their leadership acumen. They return to their business with enhanced knowledge, a renewed personal energy, and an invaluable network of fellow minority and women business leaders
Finance and Accounting
- Learn to interpret and use accounting data for planning, decision-making and financial reporting.
- Enhance your understanding of finance principles and practices, including cash flow analysis, capital budgeting, risk, and return.
The Innovation Value Chain
- Understand how innovation can be thought of as a process flow by learning the three broad phases of innovation: idea generation, idea conversion and idea diffusion.
- Learn a framework to screen ideas for success.
- Explore how to manage risk during innovation.
- Learn to apply successful leadership and decision-making models to develop your full potential as a leader.
- Develop critical leading and influencing skills necessary to sustain long-term organizational success through a combination of lecture, discussion, simulation, and self-assessment.
Brand and Marketing Strategy
- Learn how to develop marketing strategies that uniquely serve your customers and maximize customer lifetime value.
- Identify brand execution tactics that leverage your strategy and increase product and firm equity.
- Understand the concept, content, and process of strategy formulation and implementation.
- Explore the role entrepreneurship plays in creating opportunities for growth.
- Learn about the strategies of high growth firms.
- Explore strategy frameworks and how to identify ways to grow a venture.
Become a more effective communicator and decision-maker, learning proven techniques for building and maintaining relationships, applying appropriate power and influence, structuring agreements, and developing buy-in.