Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Foster School of Business.Full disclaimer.
About the course
The Minority Business Executive Program is a one-week residential program that takes place annually on campus at the University of Washington. The intensive curriculum grows minority and women-owned business leaders and helps them position their companies for today’s global economy.
Participants learn to utilize financial tools to make better business decisions, develop strategic plans for growth and sustainability, identify new technologies to scale operations, learn how to market their products and services more effectively, explore strategies to access global markets, and develop their leadership acumen. They return to their business with enhanced knowledge, a renewed personal energy, and an invaluable network of fellow minority and women business leaders
Finance and Accounting
- Learn to interpret and use accounting data for planning, decision-making and financial reporting.
- Enhance your understanding of finance principles and practices, including cash flow analysis, capital budgeting, risk, and return.
The Innovation Value Chain
- Understand how innovation can be thought of as a process flow by learning the three broad phases of innovation: idea generation, idea conversion and idea diffusion.
- Learn a framework to screen ideas for success.
- Explore how to manage risk during innovation.
- Learn to apply successful leadership and decision-making models to develop your full potential as a leader.
- Develop critical leading and influencing skills necessary to sustain long-term organizational success through a combination of lecture, discussion, simulation, and self-assessment.
Brand and Marketing Strategy
- Learn how to develop marketing strategies that uniquely serve your customers and maximize customer lifetime value.
- Identify brand execution tactics that leverage your strategy and increase product and firm equity.
- Understand the concept, content, and process of strategy formulation and implementation.
- Explore the role entrepreneurship plays in creating opportunities for growth.
- Learn about the strategies of high growth firms.
- Explore strategy frameworks and how to identify ways to grow a venture.
Become a more effective communicator and decision-maker, learning proven techniques for building and maintaining relationships, applying appropriate power and influence, structuring agreements, and developing buy-in.
Trust the experts
Education BCom UofTest (1997) PhD University of California, Irvine (1996) MBA University of California, Irvine (1991) BA University of California, Los Angeles (1984) Academic Expertise leadership organizational behavior Current Research Trust, justice, and foundations of learning and fl...
Education PhD Ohio State University (1972) MBA Ohio State University (1968) BA Howard University (1967) Academic Expertise business valuation corporate finance corporate governance dividend and payout policy / stock splits financial institutions / banking household finance minority business...
Education PhD Stanford University (1997) BA Stanford University (1992) Academic Expertise advertising brand management business to consumer marketing consumer behavior consumer segmentation Industries Advertising Public Health Current Research Implicit attitude formation and measure...
Education PhD Purdue University (1999) MS National Institute for Training in Industrial Engineering (1989) BS Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee (1988) Academic Expertise e-business e-commerce inventory management manufacturing management operations management operations research servi...
Education PhD Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (1988) MS Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (1986) MBA Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (1983) MArch Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (1982) BArch University of Madras (1980) Academic Expertise competitive strategy e-commerce entrepreneurship te...
Education PhD Tulane University (2003) BA University of Texas (1997) Academic Expertise ethics organizational behavior Current Research Ethical Decision Making, Organizational Justice, Diversity Issues Positions Held At the University of Washington since 2011 Associate Professor at ...
Senior Lecturer, Michael G. Foster School of Business Adjunct Associate Professor, Dept of Psychology Ph.D., Organizational Psychology, University of Washington, 1983 MS, Social Psychology, University of Washington, 1983 MS, Counseling Education, Long Island University, 1978 BBA, Business Admini...
Seasoned 25 year expert on university-based executive education, working with public and private organizations globally to help with their growth strategies by developing their leadership and management bench strengths. Her extensive understanding of different cultures and proficiency in English,...