Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This compact seminar is aimed at executives responsible for corporate governance or in important strategic decisions.
About the course
Successful growth through acquisitions requires a well-defined corporate strategy and a high level of analytical and strategic expertise to plan and execute individual transactions. In this program, you will learn how to enhance and implement your own company‘s growth strategy through acquisitions and systematic acquisition programs.
Based on the corporate strategy, you derive the portfolio analysis to increase competition and diversification. You conduct strategic synergy analyzes and create a selection of takeover candidates that optimally complement their corporate portfolio. You clarify the acquisition motives and the success factors and create systematic acquisition programs. With this knowhow you are able to occupy attractive strategic business segments through acquisitions of business units or competitors.
- Based on the corporate strategy, you derive the portfolio analysis to increase competition and diversification.
- You conduct strategic synergy analyzes and create a selection of takeover candidates that optimally complement their corporate portfolio.
- You occupy attractive strategic business segments through acquisitions of business units or competitors.
- You clarify the acquisition motives and the success factors and create systematic acquisition programs.
- You are able to perform Post Merger considerations on Organizational Design and Integration.
Day 1: Corporate Strategy and Portfolio
- Corporate strategy – Use of mergers and acquisitions as the means for growth
- Clarify acquisition motivations, synergies and success factors
- Portfolio Analysis – Develop strategies for competition and diversification
- Occupy attractive strategic business segments
Day 2: Governance and Acquisition Programs
- Reinforce the role of corporate governance in mergers and acquisitions
- Incorporate the specialities of cross-border mergers and acquisitions into strategic considerations
- Move from individual acquisitions to acquisition programs
Day 3: Portfolio Optimization
- Optimize overall corporate portfolio
- Perform synergy assessment and target setting in mergers and acquisitions
- Develop organizational blueprint for integration
Chaired Professor for Strategic Management, Director, Institute of Management of St. Gallen University Dr. Tomi Laamanen specializes in strategic management, mergers & acquisitions and strategic processes. He is a Chaired Professor for Strategic Management and Director at the Institute of M...
Prof. Dr. Winfried Ruigrok (NL) is the Dean of the Executive School of Management, Technology & Law at the University of St.Gallen. He joined the university as a Professor of International Management in 1996 and has been the Director of the Research Institute for International Management (FIM...
Manfred Ebling was a senior manager in the Accenture Finance & Performance Management service line. Based in Zurich, Switzerland, Mr Ebling focuses on improving the effectiveness of fi nance operations. With more than 15 years of business experience in international fi nance and fi nancial se...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.