Who should attend
The programme is designed for senior managers and business leaders who are, or want to be, involved in growing their organisations through M&A.
11 years management experience
- Professionals in roles that deal with M&A in any industry. Relevant to M&A first-timers or seasoned acquirers.
- Buy-side or sell-side professionals who want insights to successfully navigate deals.
About the course
Boost shareholder value and get maximum returns from your deal.
Explore the M&A process from start to finish
Leverage value at every stage, from targeting to post-integration.
Benefits for you
- Explore the role of mergers and acquisitions (M&A) within your corporate strategy.
- Learn to assess targets realistically, value target companies, assess bid tactics and avoid common pitfalls.
- Approach the negotiation process skillfully and come away with the best deal.
- Manage cultural and system challenges arising post-acquisition, and understand key drivers for on-going success.
- Successfully complete post-acquisition integration to generate maximum long-term value from the merger.
Benefits for your organisation
Your organisation acquires a senior manager who:
- Gains a comprehensive understanding of ow M&A adds value to your organisation.
- Uses mergers, acquisitions and divestments to gain a competitive edge and increase shareholder value for sustained growth.
- Identifies opportunities, assesses value and implements deals on the most beneficial terms.
- Evaluates the financial implications of a merger or acquisition accurately and understands the use of leverage.
Explore the M&A deal cycle from start to finish
From the initial financial valuation to leveraging your strengths and securing the best possible deal, acquire key skills that work for both you and your company.
What you learn
- Learn to develop a strong acquisitions strategy and finance a deal. Raise your game to deliver improved growth and shareholder value.
- Judge whether a merger or acquisition fits with your corporate strategy, and what kind of companies you should consider.
- Learn to determine a company’s worth, both in itself and to your organisation. Make bold, knowledge-based decisions on human, cultural and system issues.
- Investigate valuations and buyouts, different corporate valuation techniques, highly leveraged transactions and deal capacity.
How you learn
- Gain real-world insights from business leaders. Hear guest speakers like Neil Boss, Partner in the Post Merger Integration team at Deloitte, bring the entire deal cycle to life.
- Delve into world-class case studies covering a range of deal sizes. Find out how organisations tackle deals and overcome issues, learning why some fail and others succeed.
- Engage in stimulating debate and discussion, build your negotiation skills and present a case for either the buy or sell side.
- Develop your corporate acquisitions strategy and investigate up-to-the-minute developments in the M&A industry.
Your learning experience
- Build your knowledge base and leverage global networks in London, a commercially-driven and vibrant business capital.
- Join our eclectic and highly-talented community and boost your confidence to make deals across different cultures and markets.
- Experience both group work and individual study, and take time to reflect on your own learning journey.
London or Online
- Experience our world-class Executive Education programmes at our central London campus.
- Immerse yourself in experiential activities, collaborative group exercises and face-to-face networking opportunities with your peers, guest speakers and our world-class faculty.
- For programme iterations running in-person and online simultaneously, you’ll experience a format that bridges the gap between on-campus and virtual learning, enabling you to collaborate with your fellow participants both in London and around the world.
- Learn in the heart of London and access campus amenities.
- Bring the LBS experience to you with live virtual learning led by our world-class faculty.
- Join a dynamic virtual classroom, where you’ll be immersed in experiential activities and collaborative group work with your peers, while learning from and interacting with our leading faculty and guest speakers.
- For programmes running in-person and online simultaneously, you’ll experience a format that bridges the gap between on-campus and virtual learning, enabling you to collaborate with your fellow participants both in London and around the world.
- After completion, online participants will have the chance to join us on campus for an exclusive day of networking with classmates and insightful sessions with LBS faculty.
MA (Oxford), MBA (Harvard) Marcus Alexander is an expert on the relationship between individual business units and the 'corporate parent'; and on the management of multi-business groups, especially in international contexts. His research focuses on: group-level strategy and the role of the corp...
Dr James Ryans’s research focuses on capital markets, investors’ interests and the effect that government monitoring has on firms’ disclosure practices and audit quality. He is also interested in the impact of short-sellers on securities prices and financial disclosure decisions.
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Read more about Negotiations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.