Mergers and Acquisitions
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with London Business School.Full disclaimer.
From the initial financial valuation to leveraging your strengths and securing the best possible deal, acquire key skills that work for both you and your company.
Benefits for you
- Explore the role of mergers and acquisitions (M&A) within your corporate strategy.
- Learn to assess targets realistically, value target companies, assess bid tactics and avoid common pitfalls.
- Approach the negotiation process skillfully and come away with the best deal.
- Manage cultural and system challenges arising post-acquisition, and understand key drivers for on-going success.
- Successfully complete post-acquisition integration to generate maximum long-term value from the merger.
Benefits for your organisation
Your organisation acquires a senior manager who:
- Gains a comprehensive understanding of ow M&A adds value to your organisation.
- Uses mergers, acquisitions and divestments to gain a competitive edge and increase shareholder value for sustained growth.
- Identifies opportunities, assesses value and implements deals on the most beneficial terms.
- Evaluates the financial implications of a merger or acquisition accurately and understands the use of leverage.
What you learn
- Learn to develop a strong acquisitions strategy and finance a deal. Raise your game to deliver improved growth and shareholder value.
- Judge whether a merger or acquisition fits with your corporate strategy, and what kind of companies you should consider.
- Learn to determine a company’s worth, both in itself and to your organisation. Make bold, knowledge-based decisions on human, cultural and system issues.
- Investigate valuations and buyouts, different corporate valuation techniques, highly leveraged transactions and deal capacity.
How you learn
- Gain real-world insights from business leaders. Hear guest speakers like Neil Boss, Partner in the Post Merger Integration team at Deloitte, bring the entire deal cycle to life.
- Delve into world-class case studies covering a range of deal sizes. Find out how organisations tackle deals and overcome issues, learning why some fail and others succeed.
- Engage in stimulating debate and discussion, build your negotiation skills and present a case for either the buy or sell side.
- Develop your corporate acquisitions strategy and investigate up-to-the-minute developments in the M&A industry.
Your learning experience
- Build your knowledge base and leverage global networks in London, a commercially-driven and vibrant business capital.
- Join our eclectic and highly-talented community and boost your confidence to make deals across different cultures and markets.
- Experience both group work and individual study, and take time to reflect on your own learning journey.
Who should attend
- Professionals in roles that deal with M&A in any industry. Relevant to M&A first-timers or seasoned acquirers.
- Buy-side or sell-side professionals who want insights to successfully navigate deals.