Who should attend
Managers, supervisors and all professionals who interact with other departments, teams or business units.
About the course
Too many organizations believe if messages are going out, they're getting through. This mistaken belief is costing them in terms of operational excellence and customer service. Employees today are being drowned in information that is not filtered, prioritized or put into context, so important messages are being lost or simply ignored by an overwhelmed and skeptical workforce. But with the right guiding principles, tools and strategies, you can create a highly effective internal communication program and engage employees in your organization's success.
- Identify the framework of interdepartmental communication.
- Understand the importance and practice of excellent internal customer service.
- Take a proactive approach in simplifying the work processes and flow between work units.
- Remove interdepartmental communication barriers and resolve conflict.
- Develop a plan for enhancing organizational communication.
- Upward, Downward and Horizontal Communication
- Organizational Culture and its Effect on Performance
- Organizational Hierarchy
- Formal and Informal Communication and their Uses
- Organizational Values and Attitudes
- Barriers that Impede Effective Interdepartmental Communication
Internal Customer Service
- What Is Internal Customer Service?
- Benefits of Excellent Internal Customer Service
- Organizational Silos and Ways to Overcome Them
- The Service Quality Factors
- Handling Internal Customers’ Complaints
- Clarifying Individual and Departmental Roles in Building Rapport within the Department and between Departments
Simplification of Work Processes between Departments
- Signs of Complicated Procedures
- Stages in Simplifying Work
- Work Flow Techniques
- Work Breakdown Structures
Resolving and Solving Interdepartmental Problems and Conflicts
- Identifying Departmental Problems
- Causes and Effects of Problems
- Resolving Interdepartmental Conflict
- Negotiating a Win-Win Settlement
- Techniques for Resolving and Preventing Problems
Efficient and Effective Organizational Communication
- What is Effective Organizational Communication?
- Eliminating Communication Overload and Ensuring Smooth Flow
- Information Richness of Different Channels
- Choosing the Right Communication Medium
- Signs of Inefficient Communication
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Read more about Negotiations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.