Mastering International Negotiations
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with AirBusiness Academy.Full disclaimer.
Provides the framework and guidance for the planning and conduct of successful mutual gain business negotiations in an international context.
How will I benefit?
This course will enable you to:
- Understand the principles underlying the Harvard Method of Principled Negotiations
- Discover the different preparation steps as a key differentiator in your negotiations
- Use a simple but effective structured methodology for preparing and conducting successful negotiations
- Understand how negotiation is defined by category strategy
- Understand your style and the different styles of your negotiation counterparts
- Appreciate the behavioural aspects of negotiation, in particular with regards to cultural differences
- Apply proven negotiation techniques to influence decisions
- Deal with difficult negotiation situations (e.g. monopolistic markets) and difficult negotiators
What does the course cover?
- The negotiation process: preparation and planning, engaging in dialogue with the other party, developing proposals, assessing limits for trade and closing
- The Harvard Method “joint problem solving” negotiation technique: people, options, interests, standards
- The Four Quadrant Negotiation Preparation model
- The impact of dealing with different cultures in negotiations
- The significance of different personality types and how emotions can impact different negotiations
- The importance of inter-personal contact during the negotiation, both in face-to-face meetings or by electronic means
- Influencing and the effective application of leverage
- Understanding the mindset of your counterpart (top tips for Sales negotiators)
- Dealing with difficult negotiation situations and inter-personal problems with your negotiation counterpart
Who should attend
Anyone involved in:
- Conducting or participating in business negotiations
- International partnerships
- Managing multi-cultural projects