Who should attend
Anyone involved in:
- Conducting or participating in business negotiations
- International partnerships
- Managing multi-cultural projects
About the course
Provides the framework and guidance for the planning and conduct of successful mutual gain business negotiations in an international context.
How will I benefit?
This course will enable you to:
- Understand the principles underlying the Harvard Method of Principled Negotiations
- Discover the different preparation steps as a key differentiator in your negotiations
- Use a simple but effective structured methodology for preparing and conducting successful negotiations
- Understand how negotiation is defined by category strategy
- Understand your style and the different styles of your negotiation counterparts
- Appreciate the behavioural aspects of negotiation, in particular with regards to cultural differences
- Apply proven negotiation techniques to influence decisions
- Deal with difficult negotiation situations (e.g. monopolistic markets) and difficult negotiators
What does the course cover?
- The negotiation process: preparation and planning, engaging in dialogue with the other party, developing proposals, assessing limits for trade and closing
- The Harvard Method “joint problem solving” negotiation technique: people, options, interests, standards
- The Four Quadrant Negotiation Preparation model
- The impact of dealing with different cultures in negotiations
- The significance of different personality types and how emotions can impact different negotiations
- The importance of inter-personal contact during the negotiation, both in face-to-face meetings or by electronic means
- Influencing and the effective application of leverage
- Understanding the mindset of your counterpart (top tips for Sales negotiators)
- Dealing with difficult negotiation situations and inter-personal problems with your negotiation counterpart
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.