Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This application and component course is intended to be of direct use by persons in staff (senior technicians, operators, supervisors, superintendents) and corporate engineering.
About the course
The course is devoted to design features, efficiencies, operating characteristics, reliability and maintenance implications of fans and Blower. Topics include terminology, component operation, and testing and repair of. Upon completion, students should be able to assess manufacturer Specifications, and test instruments to determine proper system operation.
## Course Objectives
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Gain a thorough understanding of the various fans and blowers configurations available to virtually every industrial user
- Identify mechanical designs of fans and blowers and the basic performance parameters
- Differentiate between preventive and predictive maintenance techniques
- Operate and employ performance testing
- Carryout troubleshooting during operation
Introduction to Fans and Blowers Types
- Mixed Flow
- Ranges of Application and Limitations
Mechanical Design of Fans and Blowers
- Rotor Dynamics
Basic Performance Parameters
- Gas properties
Predictive vs. Preventive Maintenance Techniques
- Determination of Which Method to Use
- Reliability Impact on Plants
- Definition of Maintenance & Reliability
- General Issue affecting Maintenance & Reliability
Operation and Performance Testing
- Start-up & mechanical field tests
- Calculation procedure & sample calculations
- Basic Bearing repairs
- Motor-Fan Alignment
- Vibration and Noise
- Cleaning axial & centrifugal fans
- Inspection of fans and blowers
- Maintenance check list & trouble shooting guide
- Case Study
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.