Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
This course is intended for Consultants, designers, engineers and electrical contractors who are designing and maintaining low voltage systems. This training is tailored for both new and existing users.
About the course
This course provides the skills, knowledge, and techniques necessary to become proficient to conduct LV mission critical power system modeling, design, and analysis. The purpose of this course is to develop a thorough understanding of capabilities and analytical techniques to solve a variety of LV system challenges presented in mission critical facilities (e.g. railway signaling power systems, data centers, etc.).
An overview of user interface will be covered including system modeling of UPS, transformers, etc., one-line diagram construction, Multi-Dimensional Database, Cable, Electric Shock calculation, Protection and Selectivity, report generation and more. The workshop exercises and tutorials are customized for LV systems.
In this course, participants will learn about network system design, protection and operations. Topics include network relay characteristics and settings, fuse and cable limiter characteristics and coordination, primary system grounding and relaying, application of primary side fuses, overvoltage during capacitive back feed, arcing fault characteristics and protection schemes for 480-volt spot networks, cogeneration and closed transition load transfers on spot networks, and network protector test sets for relay and protector testing.
Day 1 Low-Voltage (LV) Power System Construction & Analysis
- Modeling of LV Power Systems
- AC and DC system components
- 3-phase, 2-phase, 1-phase Systems - Mixed TN, TT, IT Earthing Types
- DNO, Railway Traction, Generator, PV Array, Wind Turbine Generator
- UPS Systems, Panel Systems, DC Systems, Battery Systems
- Motors, Loads, Transformers (configurations & vector groups)
- Templates: Sub-system Blocks
- Theme Manager & Earthing Type Identification
Day 2 LV System Analysis and Equipment Sizing
- Load Flow Analysis (AC & DC), Short Circuit Analysis
- LV Equipment Selection & Sizing
- Protective Devices
- Phase Conductors
- Protective Earthing (PE) Conductors - Electric Shock Protection
- Utility, Transformer, Battery, UPS, PV Array, Wind Turbine Generator
Day 3 Protection & Coordination
- Protection & Coordination/Selectivity Analysis
- Sequence-of-operation of Protective Devices
- Earthing Mat/Ground Grid Analysis
- Multiple Transformer Inrush
Day 4 Case Studies & Additional Topics
- Railway Signaling Power System Case Study
- Data Center Case Study
- Harmonic Analysis, Motor Acceleration Analysis, Reliability Analysis
- Project Management & Merge
- Library Management
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.