Who should attend
Anyone interested in developing their capacity to listen deeply; especially relevant for managers, coaches and professionals engaging in collaborative or developmental work.
About the course
Listening is most frequently associated with hearing through the ears but we have many sources of hearing, through our heart, our intuition and all of our senses. Engaging and listening with our body awareness and intelligence is a practice of quiet patience, which frees us up from the chatter of inner and outer voices and the desensitizing sounds of telephones, computers and environmental noise. Engaged listening is hearing between words and beyond what is spoken, focusing on listening to what the speaker holds relevant, essential and most important. Through the practice of holistic listening, we can increase our self-awareness to become more aligned with, and authentically present in our actions. This experiential, reflective workshop provides multiple opportunities for participants to practice and expand their listening capacity and capability.
- Strengthening our sense-abilities in professional relationships
- Listening from a holistic perspective for the deeper meaning, intention and purpose of the words
- Nurturing developmental relationships through high quality connections
- Creating values-based relational alliances
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Understand, strengthen and practice skills for listening fully and holistically
- Learn how to build developmental relationships through inclusive, value-based and ethical practice
- Asses their ability to be fully present in conversations
- Suspend their judgement and assumptions in order to listen from the point of view of others
- Learn how to create relational alliances through high-quality connections
Ellen Van Oosten, PhD, received her MBA and PhD from Case Western Reserve University and her BS in electrical engineering from the University of Dayton. Van Oosten worked in engineering for many years before transitioning to academia. She joined the Weatherhead School of Management in 1995 and ha...
Jackie Stevenson is the founder and CEO of Spirit of Leadership LLC. She is a consultant, coach, therapist and educator. Jackie is an adjunct professor at the Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences at Case Western Reserve University. She is on the faculty of the Gestalt Institute of Cleveland w...
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.