Leading Through Influence
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with The University of Auckland Business School.Full disclaimer.
Understanding the Science and Art of Influence
These days we need to achieve our outcomes through influence, rather than authority. With rapid change, fluid teams and matrix organisations, the liability to influence others is even more important. So how do we do this easily and effectively?
NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) offers one of the most practical and effective set of communication and influencing tools in business today. NLP will provide the attitudes, skills and behaviours necessary to achieve and exceed to manage yourself and influence others to achieve your outcomes.
What is NLP? In short, it’s is a series of tools that reveal how people think and what drives their behaviour. It starts with recognising that we are all different, which affects how we respond and the language we use.
The key to harnessing the potential in a situation is to recognise how people think, then communicate effectively in their ‘mode’. That allows us to build appropriate strategies for dealing effectively with interpersonal situations to get those outcomes we need.
This is a practical workshop where you will be able to learn and apply the learning directly to your own work situations. This short course introduces NLP concepts and how to use these strategies in business to:
- Establish rapport instantly
- Read verbal and non-verbal communication and respond appropriately
- Improve your persuasion, selling and negotiation skills
- Manage your own resourcefulness
- Clarify, manage and achieve outcomes
- Deal with difficult situations
- Deal with conflict (if it still occurs!
This workshop enables you to try out a range of strategies then choose what tools you want to use.
Work and communicate more effectively by introducing NLP into your workplace providing useful strategies for:
- Helping you and others to achieve outcomes
- Enhanced workplace harmony
- Better customer service
- Improved family and personal relationships
Your organisation will:
- Develop more harmonious team cultures
- Reduce resistance to change and new opportunities
- Achieve higher conversion rates with clients
- Implement more effective learning
Who should attend
- Leaders | Managers
- Team members
- Health & Safety officers
- Anyone in customer –facing roles