Leading High Performance Teams
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with McCombs School of Business.Full disclaimer.
In today’s business world, you must become a creative leader who can inspire productivity and motivate employees to achieve organizational goals and objectives. You are faced with ever-increasing demands and are being asked to perform functions once in the realm of human resources and other departments. Be an effective leader. Generate group cohesiveness, mutual respect and support, and company loyalty. Construct a comprehensive toolkit of the major functions effective leaders perform: hiring, communicating, motivating, negotiating, teaming, evaluating, rewarding and creating a high performance culture. Examine and discuss the critical path to motivating and leading others.
Managing People and Leading Teams
Equip yourself with the strategies and the management savvy to foster highly effective communication and collaboration.
Two-Day Concentrated Program
Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. and class runs 8:30 – 4:30 both days with a one-hour networking lunch included.
Enjoy proximity to the vibrancy of the campus and downtown Austin, and the innovative, business-friendly environment of the city.
- Develop new insights on what it takes to lead others successfully
- Recruit the right people for the right job
- Handle tough leadership issues, such as giving criticism, making meetings efficient, using teams, and delegating in ways that enhance productivity
- Enhance the ability to set effective performance goals
- Apply the performance appraisal process effectively
- Motivate the workforce of today and tomorrow
- Retain the best people
- The impact of high performance work principles
- Advantages and disadvantages to teams
- Team processes
- Building cohesion
- Overcoming groupthink
- Influencing when you’re the minority