About the course
In today’s business world, you must become a creative leader who can inspire productivity and motivate employees to achieve organizational goals and objectives. You are faced with ever-increasing demands and are being asked to perform functions once in the realm of human resources and other departments. Be an effective leader. Generate group cohesiveness, mutual respect and support, and company loyalty. Construct a comprehensive toolkit of the major functions effective leaders perform: hiring, communicating, motivating, negotiating, teaming, evaluating, rewarding and creating a high performance culture. Examine and discuss the critical path to motivating and leading others.
Managing People and Leading Teams
Equip yourself with the strategies and the management savvy to foster highly effective communication and collaboration.
Two-Day Concentrated Program
Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. and class runs 8:30 – 4:30 both days with a one-hour networking lunch included.
Enjoy proximity to the vibrancy of the campus and downtown Austin, and the innovative, business-friendly environment of the city.
- Develop new insights on what it takes to lead others successfully
- Recruit the right people for the right job
- Handle tough leadership issues, such as giving criticism, making meetings efficient, using teams, and delegating in ways that enhance productivity
- Enhance the ability to set effective performance goals
- Apply the performance appraisal process effectively
- Motivate the workforce of today and tomorrow
- Retain the best people
- The impact of high performance work principles
- Advantages and disadvantages to teams
- Team processes
- Building cohesion
- Overcoming groupthink
- Influencing when you’re the minority
Dr. John Daly (Ph.D., Purdue University, 1977) is the Liddell Centennial Professor of Communication, University Distinguished Teaching Professor, TCB Professor of Management, and an Adjunct Professor of Pharmacy. He has published more than one hundred articles and chapters in scholarly publicatio...
Professional Awards ING Professor of Excellence2011 Regents'' Outstanding Teaching Award2010 Trammell/CBA Foundation Teaching Award for Assistant Professors2009 McCombs Research Excellence Grant for “Speaking sideways to speak up”2008 McCombs Research Excellence Grant for “Employee voice and...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.