Leading for High Impact and Results
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with The UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School.Full disclaimer.
The need for strong and effective leadership has never been more acute. The requirement to nurture talent, build teams and effect change are all vital to the delivery of results. Our approach to leadership development is based on a clear assessment of the individual’s leadership context, their leadership behaviour and their skills in coaching colleagues to enhance performance.
These needs are best addressed through personal reflection, assessing the results of assessment instruments and practice in displaying new behaviour.
Having established enhanced self-awareness, participants will then improve their skills in forming and leading teams and develop superior insight into the leader’s role in executing change and fulfilling the organisation’s potential.
This course is designed for participants who are preparing to take on a significant leadership role at a time of change in their organisation. Recognising that strong and effective leadership is now more important than ever, it underlines the importance of nurturing talent and enabling change
- Enhanced understanding of leadership strengths and weaknesses;
- Deep insight into how a leadership style can affect a participant’s workplace, their colleagues and ultimately their success as a leader;
- Reflection on the roles of leaders and managers in organisations;
- Gain a greater appreciation of a participant’s own capacity for leadership;
- Formulate a self-designed leadership development plan;
- Gain insight into how to exercise leadership more effectively and make high impact leadership interventions;
- Practice in the provision and receipt of constructive feedback;
- Develop a greater sense of how a participant can contribute to team leadership;
- Improve the ability to create and garner support for the organisation vision;
- Develop insight and practice in coaching as an intervention to enhance organisational performance.
The programme employs a number of highly dynamic and interactive teaching methods, including individual feedback sessions, case studies, classroom discussions, lectures and practical exercises. Participants are divided into small groups designed to foster a high level of trust between participants and faculty, thereby creating a powerful and enriching learning environment.
The programme is delivered over three consecutive days on campus at UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School, Blackrock, Co. Dublin.
LEADERSHIP, CHANGE AND LEARNING
Participants will be helped to develop a more grounded and realistic perspective on the practice of leadership, its significance, and its limits. Focus will be brought to bear on how participants can enhance their leadership skill and expertise through every-day practice.
THE LEADER'S ROLE
Participants will learn a set of practical, implementable leadership behaviours and activities that they can deploy to enhance their effectiveness, impact and performance. Specific attention will be focused on feedback as a key vehicle for personal and organisational learning.
Change is essential for organisations to grow and adapt to today's rapidly shifting marketplace, yet people and organisations are naturally resistant to change. This session looks at the concept of leadership coaching as a critical tool for organisational change. Specifically, participants will be introduced to the GROW model and to the importance of developing coaching conversational skills to enhance performance and motivation.
PRE COURSE PREPARATION
In advance of this three-day short course, participants will be required to read a number of articles and cases to enhance interaction and group learning in the course. Cases are descriptions of leadership situations that will be used to develop a participant's insight about alternatives to their leadership approach.
Who should attend
- Experienced managers looking to develop increased personal awareness of their leadership behaviour, their leadership potential and their performance;
- Professionals seeking to develop their organisational leadership skills to ensure enhanced organisational performance;
- Executives facing the challenge of leading and contributing to the leadership of change in their organisation.