Who should attend
Candidates for the Emerging Leaders program are high-potential professional female managers with 8+ years experience. Participants are senior team leads and emerging executives with direct reports who require new skills for greater authority, accountability and influence within their organizations.
This program will be particularly valuable if you:
- Have been identified as high-potential
- Are seeking a confidence boost to move ahead
- Are looking for skills to address current business challenges
- Are new in your role or organization
- Wish to quicken your re-entry after a work absence
About the course
The program promotes leadership effectiveness and business insight by developing the critical skills that shape your career and better organizational and team performance.
Participants complete a 360° self-assessment, review and discuss leadership case studies and models. The program is designed to broaden your leadership capacity and better equip you for increased responsibility and accountability through understanding strategic decision-making.
- Understanding & Developing Leadership
360 assessment, female leadership business cases, leadership styles/social presence, resilience and personal action planning, one-on-one executive coaching session post program.
- Leading Effective Teams
Learn to assess leadership effectiveness and understand the role of the leader in designing and leading effective teams
- Women, Leadership and Networks
Practical tools to build powerful networks and leverage them effectively
- Integrative Thinking
Four-step design-making model: salience, causality, architecture, and resolution
- Leading in Complex Environments
Learn how to build resilient organizations and prevent failure.
- Resilience: Unlocking Strategies for Personal Success
Learn strategies to increase personal energy and remain positive, engaged and focused in high pressure environments.
- Improve results by developing high-potential female managers
- Enrich leadership skills within your organization
- Equip managers to take on more responsibility and accountability
- Learn and apply a variety of leadership models
- Understand how to integrate self-awareness and key strengths into your leadership style
- Identify creative resolutions to tensions without making costly trade-offs
- Become more effective at influencing at the individual, team and organizational levels
- Learn how to coach teams to higher levels of performance
- Gain an external peer network
Jennifer Riel is an Adjunct Professor, Facutly-at-large and Managing Director of the Martin Prosperity Institute’s Knowledge Infrastructure project, which includes oversight of Rotman I-Think (our elementary and secondary school integrative thinking and design thinking program). In her role, Jenn...
Julie McCarthy is a Professor of Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management in the Department of Management at University of Toronto Scarborough, and holds a cross-appointment to the Organizational Behaviour and HR Management area at Rotman. Julie’s research examines how organizations...
Tiziana Casciaro is a Professor of Organizational Behavior at Rotman and the Jim Fisher Professor in Leadership Development at UofT. Her research explores how structural and psychological forces jointly shape behavior in organizations. Her work on organizational networks, power dynamics, change i...
András Tilcsik is an Associate Professor of Strategic Management and holds the Canada Research Chair in Strategy, Organizations, and Society at the Rotman School of Management. His research focuses on organizations, occupations, and work, and he is particularly interested in the causes and conse...
Jia Lin Xie is Magna Professor in Management and Professor of Organizational Behaviour and HR Management at Rotman. Her research focuses on the fit between employees and their work environment (P-E fit) and the effects of such fit and misfit on employee well-being. Another area of her research ex...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.