Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
New managers, team leaders and business professionals interested in acquiring effective leadership skills for managers.
About the course
Get effective leadership skills for managers to inspire and influence your people to achieve team goals!
When should you be a motivator...and when should you be a coach? Can you empower team members to self-manage? Or do your teams fall apart when you're not there?
Learn how to foster team cohesiveness and collaboration. You'll step up to be a leader, a coach, a persuasive communicator and much more. Sharpen your team-building skills and discover new ways to drive performance and productivity.
How You Will Benefit
- Understand leadership skills for managers to know when to manage and when to lead your team
- Assess your leadership behavior and determine the best style to generate results
- Clearly visualize your goals and communicate them to your team
- Work in a horizontal mode of operation instead of managing only one piece of the process
- Develop a high-performance team by first developing leadership skills
- Use effective communication to motivate and coach
What You Will Cover
- Understanding leadership style and the situation
- Empasizing the importance of vision in aligning team performance
- Integrating your leadership and managerial
- Examining the leader’s role as motivator and coach
- Distinguishing the four team types
- Exploring the principles that make teams work
- Diagnosing work-teams: a work-team simulation
AMA Blended Learning combines instructor-led training with online pre- and post-seminar assessments, tune-up courses and other resources to maximize your training goals. Through a blend of proven instructor-led seminars and powerful online technology, AMA Blended Learning provides a compelling and more comprehensive experience for the learner—producing a greater return-on-investment for the employer and the seminar participant.
- Define Key Aspects of Leadership and Teams That Are Used Throughout the Course
- Assess Your Performance in Your Current Leadership Position
- Describe the Importance of Vision
- Align the Organization and Team to the Vision for Maximum Adaptability
- Diagnose Your Leadership Style and Apply the Most Effective Leadership Style to a Situation
- Identify the Most Effective Leadership Style and Conversation Goal for Conducting Team Interactions
Individual and Team Motivation
- Develop the Keys to a Motivated Workforce Using Appropriate Intrinsic and Extrinsic Motivators
- Identify Appropriate Intrinsic and Extrinsic Motivators
- Prepare for, and Apply Appropriate Techniques to, Coaching Situations
- Craft Effectively Coaching Messages
Building a Team
- Describe the Characteristics of, and Develop the Skills to Facilitate, Effective Teams
- Identify the Stages of Team Development and Learn the Importance of Leader Facilitation of the Development Process
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.