Lead 4 Success tm
Communicate. Connect. Commit. Created by the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL®), Lead 4 SuccessTM is a dynamic two-day program that propels leaders from average to high performance by developing the four fundamental skills that successful leaders at any level need to master:
- Learning Agility
In addition, participants explore critical concepts such as understanding and enhancing their leadership brand, delivering effective feedback, developing political organizational savvy and listening actively within the context of a real-life leadership challenge.
Program Experience – CCL’s Approach
This robust 2-day experience represents the essence of CCL’s renowned leadership content. Using a time tested approach to leadership development, we incorporate
- Experiential activities to learn through doing;
- A safe environment for all participants to try new behaviors;
- Peer-based learning and networking opportunities, and;
- Proven leadership models from the top-ranked Center for Creative Leadership.
Benefits – Fundamental Four Leadership Skills
No matter the intelligence, experience, or drive, there are four core skills that are important for every leader at every level. The Center for Creative Leadership calls them the Fundamental 4: self-awareness, learning agility, influence, and communication. The Fundamental 4 have endured the test of time and are the basis for the Lead 4 Success program, where participants immerse themselves in development, adapt these skills to their own leadership contexts, participate with peers in learning, and share ideas to apply to their leadership lessons to their real world.
Leadership Program Features:
- Key Leadership Challenge: Use real-world applications of the fundamental four skills to a current leadership challenge
- Personal Leadership Map: Increase self-awareness and goal attainment throughout the program
- Lead 4 Success Assessment: Benchmark 80 behaviors critical to leader development
- Interactive Role Plays: Practice key skills with other leaders in realistic, challenging scenarios
- Experiential Exercises: Accelerate development using hands-on collaborative team activities to build self-awareness, learning agility, influence and communication
Why Lead 4 Success at Eckerd College
Reputation of Excellence
- Eckerd College Leadership Development Institute (LDI) has been a Network Associate of the renowned Center for Creative Leadership (CCL) since 1981 and has delivered internationally acclaimed programs to thousands of local, national and international clients.
- Since its inception, LDI has enjoyed a reputation for excellence and quality in education and training.
- Our lead instructors consistently receive 4.8 or 4.9 on a 5.0 scale in value and enjoyment. Often, the ratings don’t even fully reflect the impact our programs have had on the individual lives and careers of attendees who have participated in the Leadership Development Institute programs at Eckerd College.
- For the fourth year in a row, CCL ranked No. 4 overall in the 2017 Financial Times worldwide survey of executive education. CCL has earned a Top 10 ranking for 16 consecutive years and remains the only institution among 85 in the survey focused exclusively on leadership development.
- Participants consistently rate CCL programs at Eckerd College 4.8 or higher on a 5-point scale in both value and enjoyment.
High-Quality, Assessment-Based Program Content
- Rich, research-based content is focused on what matters most for mid- to senior-level managers.
- Intense, personalized feedback gives participants an assessment of important competencies and a plan for learning.
- The interactive, hands-on format prepares participants to take action back at work. Coaching and take-home tools support newly enhanced skills of influencing, conflict resolution and communication.
- Coaching and take-home tools support ongoing development.
- Low instructor/participant ratio: 1:10.
The Right Climate for Learning
- Eckerd College provides a world-class program in a world-class setting. The climate we’ve created for learning—one that is stimulating and challenging, yet relaxed and open-minded—is enhanced by our sunny, Florida location.
- The retreat-style setting of our waterfront training facility allows participants to escape the everyday rigors of work and focus on their professional development in a safe and supportive learning environment.
- Why Eckerd for Leadership Development Training
Who should attend
- Emerging leaders with no direct reports, but on the path to leadership in the next 12 to 18 months;
- First-time managers who have been in role for 6 to 12 months;
- Leaders with 3 to 5 years of experience leading others;
- Participants who want an intensive focus on the fundamental four competencies critical for all levels of leadership; and
- Leaders who desire a compact yet compelling experience designed to enhance effectiveness in the workplace.