Who should attend
Whether you have vast experience in recruitment or just starting out, this program will be of benefit to all. It will be of particular benefit to those who want to explore opportunities for improving their current recruitment and selection process in their own organization as well as building upon their existing personal skills. This is a practical course – run by an acknowledged Psychologist who specializes in the new recruitment skills
About the course
In today’s business world Interviewing has been identified as a critical management skill. Proven results have concluded that the “Old Style” interview is a failure. Published results show it’s less than 1.5% likely to be successful. The new approach to interviewing is to use the behavioral approach – as recommended by psychologists. The approach once mastered will transform your ability to interview effectively.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the complexities of recruitment and selection recruitment and selection in today’s modern environment
- Understanding the 9 stages of recruitment and selection, and the importance of each stage
- Know how to analyze a particular job and develop a job description and person specification to find the key tasks
- Apply and use a plan for selection short listing that will dramatically save time
- Consider the concept of and know when to use Testing, and personality questionnaires and when assessment centers are appropriate.
- Be able to use the new skills of the behavioral interviewer
- Be able to design and use the two step questioning technique.
- Be able to write and practice using pre written questions and the balanced score scoring system.
- Be able to use and decode behavioral body language.
- Introduction and seminar objectives
- Self-assessment – knowledge and interviewing skills
- The recruitment process – the new process map including testing and why we use behavioral questionnaires
- Importance of behavioral listening skills –demonstration and exercise
- End of day review
THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
- Review of previous day
- The process of interviewing – Step one Identifying the key processes of the job
- The process of interviewing - Step two incorporating all the technical information – writing the job advert –the new style
- The process of interviewing -Step three – Short listing, and the new way of preparing behavior led interviewing questions – video Knowledge based and probing questions. PRACTICE
- The process of interviewing - Step four Pre writing interview questions using the behavioral score system -PRACTICE
THE ART OF INTERVIEWING
- The process of interviewing – Step five – how to ask and take replies from the questioning process – examples.
- The process of interviewing – How to tell when candidates are not telling the truth –video clips and examples
- Step six - How to sell the company and be a model PR person throughout the interview
- Step seven – The techniques of running a professional interview – room layout, positioning, how to structure the panel.
- Step Eight – Two techniques to radically improve the decision making progress.
- Step nine – ensuring your interview is in accordance with international law – examples and demonstrations – video “what did I do wrong?”
PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT
- Review of previous learning
- Practical exercises
- Observation skills
- Interview process in practice
- Review of listening skills
- Review of question techniques
- Observable behavior from candidates
- Observable behavior from interviewer
- End of day review
- Review –what are the critical success factors
- Practical interviews
- Listening skills reviewed
END OF COURSE REVIEW
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.