Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
Current or recently appointed product managers, managers of product managers and other executives introducing product management as a discipline into their organisations who have little formal knowledge of product management. Some previous knowledge of basic marketing principles is assumed.
About the course
To help product managers become more successful in their roles by introducing them to a framework for product management – the role; the key tasks and processes they should use and guidelines for product managers to manage themselves and their development. This workshop provides an overview of the principles of product management as applied in a range of industries covering both goods and services.
- Clarify your role and responsibilities
- Deal with some of the common challenges facing product managers
- Understand the key elements and stages in building a strategic product plan and roadmap
- Understand the role of customer insight in product management
- Understand and contribute to the new product development and innovation process
- Evaluate your product range and suggest alternatives for performance improvement
- Develop appropriate product strategies based on an analysis of the lifecycles of your products
- Analyse a portfolio of products and understand the role of your product in its portfolio. (BCG and Ansoff tools)
Vanessa Moon has 25 years experience in marketing, insight and integrated communications built across a variety of agency roles and longstanding project, training and consultancy work including clients such as Asda, Avon, Kraft, Bacardi-Martini, Saint-Gobain and Haymarket. She has trained and co...