Who should attend
New and experienced managers, team leaders and supervisors, as well as individual contributors at all levels that have interest in personal development.
About the course
Outstanding leaders, executives and managers distinguish themselves by their ability to understand and manage themselves and to understand and work with others. It is a given that technical and functional expertise is the foundation for effective performance. But emotional intelligence (EI) competencies overwhelmingly distinguish outstanding leaders from average performers. Participants in this program learn the concept of EI, its component competencies and how to use EI to stimulate outstanding performance. The class also offers techniques for developing EI competencies in others.
- What is EI?
- How does EI relate to outstanding leadership and managerial effectiveness?
- What are the specific EI competencies?
- A framework for developing EI competencies
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Understand how outstanding leaders harness the power of positive emotions
- Learn the EI Model and its competencies
- Apply EI concepts to themselves and their workplaces
- Identify strategies for enhancing their leadership and emotional intelligence
- Learn how to lead others more positively towards outstanding performance
An expert in how leadership development can transform individuals, groups, and organizations, Diana Bilimoria, PhD, is KeyBank Professor, chair and professor of organizational behavior. Bilimoria’s research focuses on gender and diversity in governance and leadership and organizational transforma...
Intuitively, we know the relationship between leaders and employees can have a dramatic effect on employee contribution and organizational success. The research and teaching of Melvin Smith, PhD, reveal the structure of this relationship. His work on the nature of leadership and the role emotiona...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.