Who should attend
This OXFORD online training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Purchasing, Projects and Contracts Professionals
- Supply Management, Operations, Maintenance Professionals
- Engineering and Quality Professionals
- Project Management Professionals
- Anyone who is now, or maybe in the future, involved in sourcing goods or services outside their own country and ethical or legal problems arising from differing labour or health and safety standards, etc.
About the course
This OXFORD International Contracting Management online training seminar is exclusively and specially designed to provide delegates with an advanced set of skills for dealing with international contracts. International contracting requires a different skill set as organizations need to adhere to different sets of governmental regulations and are subject to separate and distinct laws under disparate legal systems.
International tendering and contractual scenarios require the parties to deal with all manner of additional concerns such as logistics, export and import regulations, differing technical standards, foreign tax issues, payment, and foreign currency exchange. This fast-paced International Contracting Management training seminar is specially designed to alert you to the many issues which are involved when one has to work in the international arena. Those who learn how to deal with these issues will add a rich, exciting, and challenging aspect to their career as well as reduced operating costs for their organizations.
This online training seminar will highlight:
- International Sourcing Methods
- Selecting appropriate contract clauses
- Developing the overall price
- Risks with global sourcing
- Dealing with other cultures
At the end of this online training seminar, you will learn to:
- Determine the challenges presented by foreign currency exchange rates
- Understand how to draft and develop International Contracts
- Analyze the global sourcing process and methods of finding international suppliers
- Apply selection criteria for goods and services for global sourcing
- Learn different approaches to global sourcing and the benefits and disadvantages of each
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted Online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
The organization will benefit by:
- Reduced total cost of purchased material, equipment, and services
- Better outcomes in international transactions
- Greater productivity resulting from quality goods arriving on time
- Improved supplier performance
- Competitive advantage by getting the best values in the world
Attendees will gain by participation in this virtual training program as a result of:
- Increased skill sets in International Contracting and Global Sourcing
- Broadening of the knowledge-based as a result of international dealings
- Greater confidence and professionalism
- Expanded ability to obtain desired outcomes in global sourcing initiatives
- Increased recognition by the organization due to improved performance
- Why Global Sourcing?
- Why Organizations Outsource?
- Reasons for Going Global
- Using Global Sourcing to Penetrate Existing Markets
- The Global Sourcing Process
- Process For Selecting Items or Services for Global Sourcing
- Risks of Global Sourcing
- Global Sourcing Approaches
- Sourcing Methods
- Going Direct
- Identifying Potential Suppliers
- Qualifying Potential Suppliers
- International Tenders
- Dealing with Other Cultures
- Developing the Landed Cost
- International Pricing Issues
- Currency Issues
- Taxes and Duties
- INCOTERMS – how they impact on price and risk
- Payment Terms
- Letters of Credit
- International Terms & Conditions
- Liquidated Damages and Penalties
- Bonds and Guarantees
- Changes and Variations Clauses
- Conflict of Laws
- Prevention of Bribery and Corruption
- International Negotiations and Resolution of Disputes
- International Negotiations
- International Contract Administration
- International Warranty Issues
- International Dispute Resolution Methods
- Enforcement of Judgments and Awards in an International Context
Oxford e-Certificate will be provided to delegates who have attended and completed the online course outline.
Read more about Negotiations
Read more about Transportation and Logistics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.