Who should attend
All individuals who have a stake in running and improving the procurement function especially:
- All Procurement Personnel
- Management Professionals
- Team Leaders in Supply Chains
- Inventory and Stock Managers
About the course
This 5 day exciting and informative training course examines the skills of purchasing in order that businesses can remain competitive in an increasingly competitive world, businesses must increase operational efficiency wherever possible. Purchasing must move from being low value, transaction and admin focused to being high value strategically focused that adds competitive advantage to an organization. The importance of working with selected, trusted and reliable suppliers is discussed in the course in order to add value to the organization as well as reducing costs.
Effective tendering techniques are now being employed by organisations as a way of ensuring that they are contracting with the suppliers that have the highest level of service combines with the best agreeable prices. Whether the organization is seeking better prices or services from its suppliers, or contracting out and outsourcing areas of activity, effective tender/RFP preparation is a way of assessing what a competitive marketplace can offer.
- Understand processes within the procurement department
- Explain the different procedures of procurement
- Learn how to prepare tenders/RFPs that solicit better and more competitive bids
- Analyse best practices for filtering and rejecting proposals
- Be able to analyse the total cost of ownership
- Know how to select a supplier
- Best practices in qualifying suppliers and improving relationships
- Understand the Procurement Process
- Know the Various Methods of Reducing Costs
- Understand How to Produce an Effective Specification
- Know How to Prepare Tenders and RFPs
- Develop an Elimination and Ranking Criteria within your Organisation for Suppliers
- Improve the Services provided by your Suppliers through Effective Negotiation Skills
- Grasp Techniques for Actively Managing and Measuring Supplier Performance
- Define Performance Terms to Guarantee Effective Delivery and Minimise Costs
- Know How to Minimise Errors and Improve Customer
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.