Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Business and technical professionals at any level who are interested in becoming more productive at work and in life.
About the course
Developing goals and habits for enhanced performance in work and life
The challenging “new normal” we face in work and in life requires us to be more productive when working in unfamiliar situations—remotely from home, on virtual teams, or in offices with new guidelines for working together. In these situations, productivity is not about getting everything done in limited time. Rather, it means making the best decisions about what goals and activities will lead to the best results, and using our energies wisely to accomplish them proactively.
In this program, you will learn how to be more efficient and resilient in the ways you approach productivity. Develop clear and measurable goals you can realistically reach. Create a practical plan to balance and manage your work and life demands. Practice new techniques for increasing your focus, energy, agility and stamina.
The program employs a personalized learning format that offers smart options without prescribing one-size-fits-all solutions. You will create your own customized productivity action plan by exploring a wide range of productivity options and selecting the ones that work best for you.
Benefits for you
- Develop new perspectives and habits that enable you to be more productive in an environment where the separation between work and life is less distinct than it used to be
- Apply mindfulness to train your brain to avoid unnecessary distractions, conserve energy, increase agility and improve stamina
- Identify which goals and activities will deliver the most effective results, and manage your energies to achieve them
- Become more proactive about how you manage internal and external pressures
- Explore an array of new productivity concepts, tools and techniques, and decide which ones will work best for you
- Create a personal productivity action plan that you can implement immediately
Online program format
Each day of the program includes facilitator-led online sessions in real time, with ample breaks provided. Sessions are highly interactive, enabling you to network with peers, brainstorm ideas, practice new skills in virtual breakout rooms and receive constructive feedback. You will also have access to activities, checklists and templates that you can review at any time.
Module 1: Focus
- Current principles and practices of “focus” from a productivity perspective
- How a mindful focus on goals vs. tasks enables better productivity
- Crafting clear, concise and realistic productivity goals
- Productivity tips and techniques for staying focused
Module 2: Energy
- The critical connection between your energy usage and productivity level
- Identifying common distractions that deplete your energy
- Applying “energy-boosting” alternatives to become more productive
- Self-managing your attitudes, habits and responses by training your brain to use energy differently
- Tips and tools for conserving your energy: setting expectations, establishing realistic milestones and measurements, managing distractions, focusing on results
Module 3: Agility
- The role of agility in productivity, and ways to expand it for improved results
- Using a more agile approach to plan, organize, execute and evaluate projects and tasks for yourself and others
- Remaining nimble when addressing internal and external pressures
- Improving your ability to adapt to change—both expected and unexpected
- Tips and techniques for increasing agility in different work environments: at the office and when working remotely from home
Module 4: Stamina
- The impacts of high and low stamina on productivity
- The main mental stressors that limit resiliency, and strategies to overcome them
- Increasing your emotional, mental and physical stamina for the present and future
- Developing proactive habits for avoiding burnout
- Create your own productivity action planner, and tailor it to address your unique goals and challenges
- Acquire a practical productivity toolkit of templates, techniques and learning resources
Gail Levitt, president of Levitt Communications Inc., is an influential leadership facilitator, coach and mentor with a unique approach that engages and inspires participants to learn and apply both theory and practice for peak performance. Gail offers a wide range of influential leadership topic...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.