Who should attend
This course is designed for emerging and mid-level managers who want to better understand the role of strategy, increase their ability to implement strategies and align team activity with the organisational strategy to drive business results.
About the course
Build the skills to evaluate strategy, increase alignment and drive execution to achieve business outcomes
In today’s business environment, every manager requires the tools to assess, interpret and implement an organisation's strategy in the context of their role and area of the organisation. This is so that they contribute positively to the realisation of the organisation's objectives. This course will help you to understand why strategy is important, how it relates to different stakeholders and parts of an organisation, and how to translate strategy into action.
You will take part in a series of online modules, comprised of virtual workshops, action learning and coaching to develop the skills, knowledge and tools to:
- Understand the intent of strategy and why strategic choices really matter to the business
- Identify the characteristics of what makes a “good” strategy
- Recognise and leverage critical communication channels and stakeholders
- Evaluate resources, systems and structures that impact successful strategy execution
- Identify silos and minimise their impact to leverage knowledge from across the organisation
- Improve alignment between your team culture and the organisational strategy
- Understand the levers that drive value for your organisation
- Champion strategy execution as a value-adding practice for the organisation
- Use storytelling and other communication methods to bring strategy to life
- Develop a strategy execution blueprint ready for implementation in your team, business unit or organisation
Led by an expert in strategy formulation and implementation who has held senior strategy roles at large global corporations, you will take part in live virtual workshops, interspersed with action learning to build an essential strategy toolkit.
Over two weeks, you will take part in approximately 14 hours of online learning and live workshops.
You will utilise The AGSM Navigator, a custom-built platform designed to work with your existing social and communication tools like Zoom.
In between the workshop sessions, you will take part in a range of supported learning experiences independently and with the group to develop and embed learning.
To maintain the interactivity and ensure participants can achieve their outcomes, each workshop is limited to 25 participants.
Virtual workshop sessions bring a real-time, social learning environment to you, where you can share challenges and experiences, learn from your peers and your expert facilitator, and build a community of practice.
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.