This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
This course is designed to equip participants with the knowledge and skills on how to develop and improve their leadership capability for achieving excellent HSE management system. It will address current developments and thinking in the fields.
The course will provide participants with practical step by step guide needed to review, develop and maintain an effective and efficient HSE management system and best practice to international standards.
The course will also highlight management’s responsibilities and liabilities as well as provide steps for improving personal/team/organizational behavior and promoting a positive HSE culture.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Recognize the international standards, fundamental and principles of HSE management systems
- Develop local HSE policies that support and are consistent with corporate standards
- Build strategies to motivate HSE staff and personnel and perform monitoring and control and risk management planning
- Review history of incidents to reduce the hazard in the environment
- Review policies and objectives at all levels on a regular basis to determine continued validity
- HSE Management Systems Fundamentals and Principles. What Are They and Where Do They Fit into an Organizations Goals and Strategies?
- An Overview of the International Standards
- OSHAS 18000
- ISO 14001
- Latest Trends and Challenges
- The HSE Management Fundamentals
- The Role of Leadership
- Embrace the Culture of Involvement, Commitment and Leadership
- Safety Goals and Objectives
- Legal Responsibilities and Corporate Governance
- Standards, Procedures and Planning
- Planning and Implementing HSE Management System
- Addressing Current Resources Shortage and Implication for HSE
- Documentation and Document Control
- Strategies for Developing and Motivating Staff to Achieve HSE Success
- Risk Management Planning, Monitoring and Control
- Emergency Response and Disaster Planning
- Incident Investigation:
- Who is Responsible?
- The Investigation and after the Investigation
- Catastrophic Incidents:
- Learning from the past to prevent in the future
- Management of Contractor
- Management Review
- Action Plan to Progress Organizational HSE Management System Project to its Successful Fulfillment
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
This course is intended for all health and safety professionals and those who are involved in or responsible for the management of health and safety within an organization.