Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
- Mid- to senior-level human resources and learning and development professionals
- Business unit heads that cross over into human performance management
- General managers
- Owners of small and medium businesses with talent management oversight
- Consultants and business performance professionals
About the course
Wharton’s two-month online certificate program, HR Management and Analytics: Unlock the Value of Human Capital, delves into topics that will help you to become a more strategic HR partner by gaining a holistic understanding of how HR management and data analytics intersect.
You Can’t Manage What You Don’t Measure
Most organizations will express that people are their most important asset. Therefore, how can HR professionals continue to make gains as a strategic business partner by both managing people more effectively and by leveraging data analytics? Measure it, then manage it. Yet…
Your Learning Experience
Wharton’s HR Management and Analytics online program combines theory with practical application, and flexibility with rigor, to give you a holistic view of strategic HR management that includes an overview of people analytics. At the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Understand the basic principles of using HR analytics to improve collaboration between employees and between departments to meet goals, whether it’s driving innovation or efficiency
- Leverage data analysis to separate skill from luck; identify internal biases; and understand the staffing cycles of hiring, internal mobility, and attrition
- Understand the four key factors in measuring performance: regression to the mean, sample size, signal independence, and process versus outcome
- Initiate and manage people analytics projects to help you reach your organizational goals
- Motivate individual performance, design reward systems, and create a desirable work environment
- Create a mindset around systems of work versus individual jobs, focusing on retention and employee potential
- Design an organizational structure built for recruiting top talent and competitive advantage
Module 1: Introduction to People Analytics and Performance Evaluation Module 2: Motivation and Reward Module 3: Tasks, Jobs, and Systems of Work Module 4: Strategic Staffing Module 5: Collaboration Networks Module 6: Talent Management and Analytics Module 7: Managing Your Career as an HR Professional
Education: PhD, Harvard University; MA, Harvard University; BS, University of Michigan. Academic Appointment: William and Jacalyn Egan Professor of Management, 1997. Director, Wharton Center for Leadership and Change Management, 1996. Recent Consulting: Numerous programs on leadership, decision m...
Research Interests: People analytics, judgment under uncertainty, organizational behavior Cade Massey is a Practice Professor in the Wharton School’s Operations, Information and Decisions Department. He received his PhD from the University of Chicago, and taught at Duke University and Yale Unive...
Peter Cappelli is the George W. Taylor Professor of Management at The Wharton School and Director of Wharton’s Center for Human Resources. He is also a Research Associate at the National Bureau of Economic Research in Cambridge, MA, served as Senior Advisor to the Kingdom of Bahrain for Employme...
Matthew Bidwell's research examines new patterns in work and employment, focusing in particular the causes and effects of more shortterm, market oriented employment relationships. He has conducted detailed research on the contracting workforce in information technology, publishing papers on how t...
Professor Martine Haas received her Ph.D. in Organizational Behavior from Harvard University, an M.A. in International Relations from Yale University, and a B.A. in Human Sciences from Oxford University. She is an Associate Professor of Management at the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton Schoo...
Videos and materials
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.