About the course
How to deliver positive feedback in your toughest conversations of the year
How to Deliver Positive Feedback in Tough Conversations
For most managers, the toughest discussions of the year are coming up soon in the form of annual performance reviews.
Naturally, these sessions can lead many to feel uncomfortable.
The way you handle these conversations is even more difficult when you have to deliver feedback in this environment of economic uncertainty.
However, when conducted properly, these sessions provide you with a great opportunity to help your employees focus on their goals and boost their morale—while correcting flaws that can hold them back.
This 90-minute interactive webinar provides tested methods to help you prepare for and conduct these discussions in a way that invites balanced participation, stays true to your message, focuses on performance, gains acceptance, and reduces defensiveness.
What you will cover
Discover the steps you can take and tactics to use to ease the complicated task of conducting effective performance review meetings, including:
- What to do to prepare your employee for the conversation
- How nonverbal clues can guide the conversation and reveal hidden thoughts
- Ways to deliver corrective feedback that inspires, motivates, and gets results
- Creation of an appropriate verbal and written record to insulate your organization from potential legal liability
- Specific advice for directing the conversation for an outcome whereby your employee leaves with a sense of fairness and commitment
Join us and learn some practical tips on how to change performance reviews from a “fear session” to a constructive, on-the-level dialogue that will help you, your company, and your employees.
How You Will Benefit
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Develop plans for more effective employee performance reviews
- Identify key approaches to avoid problems during the appraisal process
- Understand the records that protect your organization against potential lawsuits
Paul Falcone is an HR and leadership trainer, speaker, and executive coach. He’s also a bestselling author and a former corporate HR executive at Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures, and Time Warner. He is the author of four books that were ranked on SHRM's prestigious "Great 8" annual bestseller lis...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.