Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Booth School of Business.Full disclaimer.
Learn which attributes are most critical to creating a high-performance work environment that will drive financial result and at the same time accelerate sustainable, profitable growth.
Tasked with creating value while managing change, today's leaders need to tackle complicated problems in innovative ways. Built on the largest performance study ever conducted, this course will teach you the theories and tools needed to create a high-performance work environment that drives financial results and innovation.
Throughout the course, you will learn the behaviors that accelerate or stifle high performance, the techniques that create a collaborative work environment, and the tools that build performance drivers. Interactive exercises and discussion will reveal whether your own behaviors are encouraging the right environment or discouraging it.
You will develop plans to improve your team and create a place where people can seize opportunities, take risks, and generate new ideas.
By attending this program, you will:
- Create a plan to eradicate the barriers to high performance in a business unit.
- Identify, replicate, and nurture high-performance behaviors and workgroups throughout the organization.
- Develop a structured approach to preparing for and thinking about negotiations and everyday influence situations.
Introduction to High-Performance Leadership
- Learn what drives high performance in uncertain economic times
- Identify the three drivers and corresponding attributes of a high-performing work environment
Leadership: Encouraging a High-Performance Environment
- Explore familiar leadership styles and the correlation between leadership style and resultant behaviors
- How can you identify and enable top performers?
The Tenets of a High-Performance Environment
- How should leaders manage change?
- Learn how to optimize thinking during change
- Discover the power of the 20/60/20 rule, unspeakable subjects, and making loud statements of change
- How do leaders communicate to encourage high performance?
- Discuss the key concepts of communication that allow thinking to thrive
Building a High-Performance Environment
- What are the key leadership attributes in a high-performance environment?
- How to learn from each other's experiences and brainstorm new ideas
- Quick wins to take back and begin implementing immediately
Influence and Collaboration: Negotiation
- How can you become a more effective negotiator?
- Prepare for negotiations and everyday influence situations
- Practice and improve influence and collaboration skills
Now Discover Your Strengths
- Take the StrengthsfinderTM profile to discover your strengths
- Leverage your personal strengths to lead transformational change
Critical Thinking and Consensus: Decision Making
- What is the importance of group process dynamics?
- What are the pitfalls and benefits of team decision making?
- Explore the elements of team processes for making decisions
- What is the importance of recognizing and celebrating heroes within the company?
- Craft real-life examples
Who should attend
This program will benefit mid- to senior-level managers whose business unit is charged with creating value for the organization. It is designed to provide those in leadership roles with techniques for encouraging an environment necessary to sustain long-term, profitable growth and one in which people can seize opportunities—take risks, generate new ideas, and make mistakes. Titles include: innovation leader, change manager, senior project manager, operations manager, mid- to senior-level manager, director, vice president, and C-suite.