Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This program will benefit mid-to senior-level managers and executives who create value for their organizations. The program provides techniques for encouraging an environment necessary to sustain long-term, profitable growth.
Titles include: innovation leader, change manager, senior project manager, operations manager, mid- to senior-level manager, director, vice president, and C-suite.
About the course
Learn to create a high-performance environment that drives financial results, inspires innovation, and accelerates growth.
Tasked with creating value while managing change, today's leaders need to tackle complicated problems in innovative ways. Built on the largest performance study ever conducted, this course will teach you the theories and tools needed to create a high-performance work environment that drives financial results and innovation.
Throughout the course, you will learn the behaviors that accelerate or stifle high performance, the techniques that create a collaborative work environment, and the tools that build performance drivers. Interactive exercises and discussion will reveal whether your own behaviors are encouraging the right environment or discouraging it.
You will develop plans to improve your team and create a place where people can seize opportunities, take risks, and generate new ideas.
By attending this program, you will:
- Create a plan to eradicate the barriers to high performance in a business unit.
- Identify, replicate, and nurture high-performance behaviors and workgroups throughout the organization.
- Develop a structured approach to preparing for and thinking about negotiations and everyday influence situations.
Introduction to High-Performance Leadership
- Learn what drives high performance in uncertain economic times
- Identify the three drivers and corresponding attributes of a high-performing work environment
Leadership: Encouraging a High-Performance Environment
- Explore familiar leadership styles and the correlation between leadership style and resultant behaviors
- Identify and enable top performers
The Tenets of a High-Performance Environment
- Explore how good leaders manage change
- Learn how to optimize thinking during change
- Discover the power of the 20/60/20 rule, unspeakable subjects, and making loud statements of change
- Communicate to encourage high performance
- Discuss the key concepts of communication that allow thinking to thrive
Building a High-Performance Environment
- Learn from each other's experiences and brainstorm new ideas
- Implement quick wins to take back and begin implementing immediately
Influence and Collaboration: Negotiation
- Become a more effective negotiator
- Prepare for negotiations and everyday influence situations
- Practice and improve influence and collaboration skills
Now Discover Your Strengths
- Take the StrengthsfinderTM profile to discover your strengths
- Leverage your personal strengths to lead transformational change
Critical Thinking and Consensus: Decision Making
- Learn the importance of group process dynamics
- Discover pitfalls and benefits of team decision making
- Explore the elements of team processes for making decisions
- Recognize and celebrate heroes within the company
- Craft real-life examples
I am the President and Chief Executive Officer of The Center for High Performance (CfHP). In this role, I act as a strategic advisor to CEOs of leading global companies on strategy attainment and business transformation. I have a strong track record of helping leaders maximize returns on strategi...
Linda E. Ginzel has been on the Chicago Booth faculty since 1992. She specializes in negotiation skills, managerial psychology and executive development. Recent interest is focused on what she terms Leadership Capital: the courage, wisdom and capacity to decide when to manage and when to lead. In...
Combining operational excellence and financial discipline with values-based leadership to accelerate change and drive innovation, Sonny Garg is a seasoned executive who has led organizations through critical points of inflection, including large-scale integrations and disruptive innovation. He re...
Videos and materials
Read more about Negotiations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.