Getting Efficient: Optimizing HR Operations
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Management Concepts.Full disclaimer.
Functional HR units not only affect individuals within an organization, but also the organization as a whole. Efficient HR operations enable HR departments to offer better services to their internal customers. You will learn how to increase efficiencies and performance by streamlining operations and optimizing processes on both a department and individual level. You will gain in-depth knowledge on benchmarking, service level agreements, and ways to evaluate and reward performance.
- Discuss trends in the HR domain that influence effectiveness, efficiency, and performance
- Apply a four-step model to optimize HR operations
- Describe the hierarchy through which policies, procedures, and guidelines flow from creation to action
- Review mission-critical policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Apply various methods to evaluate an HR functional unit and individual HR employees
- Describe how service level agreements and bench-marking enhance the working relationship between the HR functional unit and other agency units
- Describe how individual development plans and performance improvement plans enhance the performance of individual HR employees
- Discuss the monitoring of agency-wide and individual optimization actions
- List methods for rewarding improved performance
Effectiveness, Efficiency, and Performance
- Effectiveness, Efficiency, and Performance
- Operational Trends
- Optimization and HR—How Do They Relate?
- Evaluate, Act, Monitor, Reward
Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines
- Familiarity Breeds Optimization
- From Creation to Action
- HR Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines
- Where Are They?
Evaluating Your HR Functional Unit
- Evaluating the HR Functional Unit
- Evaluating the HR Employee
- Reporting the Results
- Actions for the Agency
- Service Level Agreements
- Actions for the Individual
Monitoring and Rewarding
- Monitoring HR Functional Unit Actions
- Monitoring Actions for Individuals
- It Never Ends
Who should attend
This course is designed for Federal HR professionals, managers, or other leaders seeking to optimize HR operations in their organization.