Comprehensive course analysis
- What do past participants have to say about the course?
- How many participants were promoted within three years after graduation?
- How did this course affect participants' professional trajectories?
- How many participants got their salary increased within two years after completing the program?
- What do past participants have to say about the course?
About the course
Lead strategically. Navigate complexity. Drive performance.
With a history of developing successful leaders for over two decades, the AGSM General Manager Program is a unique experience that will challenge you to become a stronger leader, extend beyond your current expertise, and build strategic leadership capabilities to drive organisational performance.
What you'll learn
Working with a group of high-calibre general managers from across a diverse range of industries, you will develop the perspectives, mindsets, capabilities and frameworks to:
- Lead, think and act strategically
- Improve decision making amid increasing complexity and ambiguity
- Develop an adaptive leadership mindset to drive high performance
- Create and sustain a performance culture
- Understand your organisations dynamic value proposition and how you can better serve your clients and stakeholders
- Communicate with presence, impact and influence to increase trust and engage stakeholders
- Engage and lead others through change more effectively
- Navigate and leverage power dynamics
- Use informal networking techniques to build relationships and increase engagement
- Identify, dissect and solve complex business challenges
- Innovate in processes, platforms and culture
- Use the power of data to anticipate rather than follow
- Make more informed, confident investment decisions
- Understand, measure and assess systemic risk
How you’ll learn
The General Manager Program is a unique immersion experience. Taking place over 5.5 days, you will stay at our residential conference facilities in Sydney’s eastern suburbs (accommodation and catering is included in your program fee.)
The residential format creates an intensive learning environment that builds strong connections, formulates new perspectives and changes mindsets and behaviours.
You will take part in a powerful combination of dynamic content, site visits, experiential activities, simulations, practical tools and wellbeing sessions to take your leadership to the next level.
The ability to think and act strategically is the hallmark of a successful general manager. Facing uncertainty and ambiguity, managing competing priorities and navigating complexity requires the discipline to allocate resources effectively, challenge the status quo and make decisions rapidly. You’ll build a decision-making toolkit, understand and address the challenges of strategic leadership and learn to apply these principles in pressure situations.
Create a performance culture
Workplace culture is a significant driver of business outcomes. By harnessing adaptive leadership techniques, you will challenge the status quo in your organisation and elevate your teams performance.
Communicate with presence and impact
Great leadership is defined by the ability to adapt physical presence and communication style to the situation. You’ll learn how to build trust, enhance your leadership presence and communicate with authenticity to increase and sustain team engagement.
Lead through change
Change leadership is integral to the success of your business. You’ll learn how to engage hearts and minds, connect with the values of others, and apply the principles of persuasion to strength your transformation programs and sustain team performance.
Navigate power and politics
Understanding and leveraging power dynamics is an important leadership skillset. You’ll learn how to navigate power and politics strategically, use informal networking techniques to build relationships and manage stakeholders with confidence.
Understand finance and risk
As a leader, you are called upon to make financial decisions on a daily basis. You’ll build your analytical and critical thinking skills to assess risk and make stronger, more informed investment decisions.
Patrick is an expert facilitator with extensive experience working with senior executives across a diverse range of industries including financial services, internet technology and international trade. He is regularly engaged to assist with complex workplace and leadership issues for organisation...
Rosamund’s work focuses on adaptive leadership and she includes amongst her clients in this domain the National Australia Bank, CSIRO, Boral, Sensis and APRA-AMCOS. She is a highly experienced executive coach with a particular interest in coaching first-time CEOs and has coached individuals from...
Josephine has substantial global experience in delivering workshops and individual sessions in communication and presentation skills with people in business at all levels. She is a champion improviser, having performed with the world's finest, and is acknowledged as one of Australia's leading im...
The School of Banking and Finance’s Professor Chris Adam is to retire from the UNSW Business School at the end this month. He will however continue his long association with the University, and has been appointed an Emeritus Professor of UNSW Sydney. Professor Chris Styles, Dean of the UNSW Bus...
Matthew Byrne works with managers and leaders in aligning personal strategy to corporate strategy as well as developing leadership styles that enable them to identify and leverage value. The driving force in Matthew’s career has been to seek innovative, effective and profitable relationship st...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.