Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This workshop is designed for those who want hands-on experience in process mapping and improvement, such as:
- process improvement teams or task forces
- department heads
- quality and operations professionals
- managers and supervisors
About the course
Analyze, Document and Redesign Processes for Dramatic Improvement
This workshop draws on proven process management concepts and practices to help you build a framework for continuous improvement in your organization. Identify process improvement opportunities, and get applied experience in process mapping, lean management and other scientific methods for effective process management. Construct robust metrics that allow you to measure the status of any process in real time. Maintain effective controls for optimizing capacity and managing process variability, risk and change. Strengthen your leadership skills for supporting a culture that delivers ongoing improvement results.
Online program format
Each day includes facilitator-led online sessions in real time. The sessions are highly interactive, with opportunities for you to network with peers, brainstorm ideas, engage in skill-building activities, and receive constructive feedback. Breaks between sessions provide ample time for you to reflect on what you have learned and recharge your energies. You will also receive supplemental resources (readings, videos, self-assessments etc.) that you can access at any time before, during or after the program.
Benefits for you
- Employ diagnostic tools to identify and fix broken processes, structural problems, system disconnects and problematic people issues
- Create elegant processes and problem-solving practices that can help you do more with less
- Allocate resources and capacity optimally to processes
- Capture vital metrics on costs, timing and quality
- Turn staff frustration into ideas to improve processes, people and systems
- Demonstrate cost savings and return on investment opportunities to senior management
- Process types and industry/product/service classifications
- Diagnosing a process: how to identify a broken process, selecting a process for redesign
- Process mapping: types of information captured in a process map, types of process maps, flow charting symbols
- Constructing a functional-activity flow chart: reducing frustrations, bottlenecks and bureaucracy, selecting high-impact ideas
- Process metrics and basic process theory: gathering time and quality cost data, effect of variability, using Activity Based Costing to calculate true profitability, creating a bridge to strategic planning
- Process design: work and information flow, matching process to desired outputs, designing reliable processes
- Implementing process improvement: process redesign methodology, implementation options, overcoming obstacles
- Integrating process improvements in your organization: mapping out a plan, building a team, generating support and engagement
You will explore multiple ideas on how to design processes, and practice the powerful tools described in the course on your own process issues. You will leave with an action plan to strengthen your processes and establish an environment of ongoing process improvement in your organization.
Research Interests Incentive distortions in supply chains Contracts and supply chain coordination Supply chain management Selected Recent Publications Serpa, J.C., Krishnan, H. (2017). The Impact of Supply Chains on Firm-Level Productivity, Management Science, 64 (2), February 2018, pp. 511-53...
Research Interests Supply Chain Management Applied Game theory Inventory Management Selected Recent Publications "Stable Supplier Coalitions in Assembly Systems with Commodity Components". Co-authors: G. Sosic and C. Tong. Forthcoming in Operations Research. "Patient Prioritization in Emerge...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.