Who should attend
- The quality of this programme is highly dependent on the calibre of participants. For this reason, the quality of participants takes precedence over class size. Participation is expected to be by invitation rather than open advertising.
- This programme will benefit CEOs and direct reports to CEOs of large organisations, as well as mid-sized firms experiencing a growth surge.
- Participants should have attended the Building and Leading the Team (BLT) seminar or a seminar with equivalent programme content
- It is highly recommended that CEOs attend with their reports to create the initial bonding that will be continued after the seminar.
About the course
Globalisation, economic uncertainty, stiff competition and the general complexities of today's business are compelling CEOs to depend on inter-disciplinary strategic thinking for organisational success. Consequently, teamwork has become an indispensable organisational tool for developing and managing strategies required to successfully tackle today's global challenges.
However, teaming behaviours exhibited at the executive level dictate the level of teamwork for the rest of the organisation.
The seminar is designed to impart the critical skills required to build and lead an effective executive team and replicate this model of teamwork down and across the organisational pyramid.
- The Dynamics of C-Suite Teams
- Fundamentals of Good Leadership
- Visioning and Goal-Setting
- C-Suite Etiquette
- Curbing Functional and Cultural Myopia
- Managing Emotions and Egos
- The Language of Leadership
- Building a Culture of Developmental Relationships
- Leading Virtual Teams
- Cultural Intelligence
- Teamwork in a Challenging Economic Environment
- Managing With Power and Influence
- Curbing Negative Political Behaviour
Key Learning Objectives/ Benefits
- Concepts and frameworks that will help to align and integrate your organization's teamwork practices with competitive strategy.
- Translate, align, and integrate your firm's competitive, customer, and shareholder requirements into organization-wide teamwork practices.
- How to read and interpret environmental indicators and how to adapt to environmental changes.
She holds an MBA from IESE Business School, Barcelona and a second Master’s degree in Applied Philosophy and Ethics (MAPE) from Strathmore University in Nairobi, Kenya. Prior to joining LBS, Rose had worked as the Managing Director of JMJ Consulting Ltd, a training consulting firm and as a Direct...
Solomon started his working career in broadcasting (1970-1974). He also worked with the Industrial Training Fund, the apex manpower development organization in the country for about 15 years (1979 – 1994),NYSC inclusive before he left to join Coca-Cola Nigeria Limited, the Region Office of The Co...
Dr Eugene Ohu is a senior lecturer and the head of the department of Organisational Behaviour/Human Resource Management. His teaching areas include Management Communication, Human Behaviour in Organisations and Digital Marketing in the MBA and Executive Education programs of the Lagos Business Sc...
Prior to his faculty appointment, Uche Attoh served on the Industrial Arbitration Panel, where, following a Federal appointment, he had for 8 years presided/participated in Tribunals constituted for the purpose of adjudicating over Trade Disputes and Labour-Management Conflict in accordance with ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.