Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This programme is suitable for senior executives looking to close the gap between the time spent sculpting strategy and the time spent executing results.
- CEOs and board members responsible for strategy execution
- Managers of a key area across a company
- Managers of a business unit or part of the management team
- Senior professionals managing projects that cut across different business units
- Executive team members who manage a company.
About the course
70% of strategies fail to deliver. Be in the 30% that succeed.
Translate innovative strategy into tangible results In today’s ever-changing world, strategy needs to make an impact, fast.
Benefits for you
- Gain cutting-edge thought leadership on strategy execution and receive tuition to apply to your specific business challenges.
- Develop the skills required to lead in volatile markets and a practical understanding of obstacles facing organisations today.
- Hone your communication and leadership skills in a diverse group of peers and gain the confidence to translate strategy into action.
- Improve your ability to lead strategy implementation and deliver performance.
- Develop a customised execution plan to implement your strategic objectives.
Benefits for your organisation
Your people will gain:
- The skills to execute your organisation’s strategy and deliver results.
- The capability to skillfully navigate challenges and obstacles to success in your organisation.
- Insights into your organisation’s existing strategy execution capability, and a tailored action plan specific to your needs.
- The expertise to provide a swift organisational response to change, giving your organisation a stronger competitive advantage.
What you learn
- Strategy – Examine how organisations create, capture and sustain economic value.
- Shared context – Discover what’s important to industries today and use strategy to assess organisational success with real-time measures of progress.
- Organisational dynamics – Understand the processes for implementing strategy at every level of the organisation.
- Resource allocation – Master the processes employed to allocate resources.
- Leadership – Cultivate effective leadership and embed successful strategy execution throughout your organisation.
- Commitments – Engage and influence employees to deliver in alignment with your organisation’s strategy execution.
- Culture – Create a culture of recognition and reward for employees who deliver on ambitious commitments that adhere to core company values.
How you learn
- Start your journey before arriving on campus, by identifying your organisation’s challenge areas through targeted learning and co-consulting sessions. Additionally, benefit from the feedback of those in your workplace. Through two diagnostic surveys, one of which to be completed by up to 30 of your colleagues, you will unlock rich information on your organisation’s strategy execution strengths and weaknesses, helping to implement your plan upon returning to the workplace. All participants (and their selected colleagues) must complete this strategy execution diagnostic survey.
- Explore where businesses have excelled or failed in strategy execution through inspirational case studies, developing your understanding of how clarifying your strategy and applying simple rules can drive performance.
- Discover leading business-strategy insights from world-class industry practitioners.
- Experience a rich source of knowledge and inspiration from every industry and corner of the world through an exceptionally diverse cohort.
Your learning experience
- Identify and tackle strategy execution challenges and leave with a concrete strategy to implement on your return to work.
- Learn from internationally recognised business strategy experts: Dominic Houlder, Stefano Turconi and David Lewis.
- Delve into programme content based on more than a decade of research into how successful companies effectively implement strategy.
- Communicate effectively across multiple cultural and management levels in an international peer group of senior executives.
- Enrich your learning experience through group discussions, multimedia presentations, case studies and talks from renowned guest speakers.
Hybrid learning is a new learning model that enables the simultaneous delivery of our programmes to participants either on campus or live virtually. We’ve carefully designed this approach to create a seamless learning experience, where virtual and face-to-face participants interact and learn together. Virtual participants will also have the opportunity to live the London experience by joining us on campus for an exclusive day of networking with like-minded professionals and with the latest thinking from our world-class faculty.
Adjunct Professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship MA (Cambridge University), MBA (Stanford Graduate School of Business) Dominic Houlder is an expert on business-to-business and professional services firms. He helps the leaders of major firms to connect with their clients, their colleagues and ...
Dr Freek Vermeulen writes, consults and speaks across the world on topics such as strategies for growth, strategic innovation and making strategy happen. He uses rigorous research to gain insight into how business really works. His work has appeared in highly prestigious academic journals such a...
Research David L. Lewis has written extensively on Henry Ford, Edsel Ford and the Ford Motor Company, and currently is working on a biography of Henry Ford II and a second volume on Ford Motor Company. EDUCATION PhD University of Michigan 1959 MA University of Michigan 1956 MS Boston Univer...
Stefano Turconi focuses on Translational Research and Action Learning in the context of business strategy. He aims to help reconcile academic theory and empirical findings in order to improve strategy execution and enhance business performance. His findings have appeared in publications such as...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.