Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with London Business School.Full disclaimer.
About the course
70% of strategies fail to deliver. Be in the 30% that succeed.
strategy into tangible results In today’s ever-changing world, strategy needs to make an impact, fast.
Benefits for you
- Gain cutting-edge thought leadership on strategy execution and receive tuition to apply to your specific business challenges.
- Develop the skills required to lead in volatile markets and a practical understanding of obstacles facing organisations today.
- Hone your communication and leadership skills in a diverse group of peers and gain the confidence to translate strategy into action.
- Improve your ability to lead strategy implementation and deliver performance.
- Develop a customised execution plan to implement your strategic objectives.
Benefits for your organisation
Your people will gain:
- The skills to execute your organisation’s strategy and deliver results.
- The capability to skillfully navigate challenges and obstacles to success in your organisation.
- Insights into your organisation’s existing strategy execution capability, and a tailored action plan specific to your needs.
- The expertise to provide a swift organisational response to change, giving your organisation a stronger competitive advantage.
What you learn
- Strategy – Examine how organisations create, capture and sustain economic value.
- Shared context – Discover what’s important to industries today and use strategy to assess organisational success with real-time measures of progress.
- Organisational dynamics – Understand the processes for implementing strategy at every level of the organisation.
- Resource allocation – Master the processes employed to allocate resources.
- Leadership – Cultivate effective leadership and embed successful strategy execution throughout your organisation.
- Commitments – Engage and influence employees to deliver in alignment with your organisation’s strategy execution.
- Culture – Create a culture of recognition and reward for employees who deliver on ambitious commitments that adhere to core company values.
How you learn
- Before you start, you’ll identify the challenge areas within your organisation which, through targeted learning and co-consulting sessions, will guide your journey.
- Also prior to the programme, up to 30 of your colleagues complete a confidential survey on your strengths and weaknesses to help you execute your plan.
- Through case studies, explore where businesses have excelled or failed in strategy execution and see how clarifying your strategy and applying simple rules drives performance.
- World-class industry practitioners from global firms share their experiences and business strategy insights.
- Your cohort is a rich source of knowledge and inspiration: experience from every industry and corner of the world is the bedrock of your learning.
Your learning experience
- Identify and tackle strategy execution challenges and leave with a concrete strategy to implement on your return to work.
- Learn from internationally recognised business strategy experts: Dominic Houlder, Stefano Turconi and David Lewis.
- Delve into programme content based on more than a decade of research into how successful companies effectively implement strategy.
- Communicate effectively across multiple cultural and management levels in an international peer group of senior executives.
- Enrich your learning experience through group discussions, multimedia presentations, case studies and talks from renowned guest speakers.
Who should attend
You’ll work on problems in a diverse group of business leaders – responsible for strategy implementation from a global network of companies – who will become your lifelong contacts. From them, you gain invaluable insight into alternative solutions to global strategic challenges.
- CEOs and board members responsible for strategy execution
- Managers of a key area across a company
- Managers of a business unit or part of the management team
- Senior professionals managing projects that cut across different business units
- Executive team members who manage a company.
Trust the experts
Adjunct Professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship MA (Cambridge University), MBA (Stanford Graduate School of Business) Dominic Houlder is an expert on business-to-business and professional services firms. He helps the leaders of major firms to connect with their clients, their colleagues and ...
Research David L. Lewis has written extensively on Henry Ford, Edsel Ford and the Ford Motor Company, and currently is working on a biography of Henry Ford II and a second volume on Ford Motor Company.
Executing Strategy for Results: Programme Experience l London Business School
Insights from faculty of the Executing Strategy for Results programme l London Business School